[1.0,1.1] Deep Storage (functional)

Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

LWM

I have updated the display, so you can get a better idea of what's being stored.  Does anyone want to send me a prettier screenshot to use as the Preview image?

--LWM

mcduff

Have just switched to this mod from Extended Storage because that mod was throwing up loads of errors with Robots++. Whatever the difference is, this works much more smoothly and I prefer storing multiple stacks with a time delay rather than being restricted to only storing one item per storage unit. Much less micromanagey.

It would be nice to store wool on pallets though.

LWM

Quote from: mcduff on February 14, 2019, 06:30:53 AM
It would be nice to store wool on pallets though.

I added the Pallets with Wrapping (sacks, basically) as a way to store "loose" matter, such as wool.

I'm still not entirely sure that's the best choice, but I haven't found a better one yet.  Maybe it's time to add in the fabric hampers.

If you're feeling brave and very opinionated, you can always edit the xml in the mod ^.^  Altho updates might require constantly changing it ><  Tradeoffs...

I'm glad it's working smoothly for you!  I hope it will get even smoother (in terms of using them as a player) in the next few updates.

--LWM

Canute

QuoteI added the Pallets with Wrapping (sacks, basically) as a way to store "loose" matter, such as wool.
Hmm why do you think wool is loose and cotton isn't ?
Don't you stack up your pullover made out of wool like the one's from cloth/synthtic at your locker ?
Basicly i don't see a different between wool and cloth, except a mod add raw version of them.

LWM

Quote from: Canute on February 16, 2019, 03:52:04 AM
QuoteI added the Pallets with Wrapping (sacks, basically) as a way to store "loose" matter, such as wool.
Hmm why do you think wool is loose and cotton isn't ?

Heh.  you can only put cotton on the Pallets with Wrapping, too.

And by "cotton" I mean "cloth."

Seriously, there isn't a sensible way to handle that one, as far as I can tell.  Maybe I should let one put "fabric" on the pallets but restrict plant matter to using some sort of wrapping.  On the other hand, if you have an arctic ice sheet alpaca farm, maybe you can't get either wood or cloth, so how could you even make the pallet?  What to do, what to do....

Canute

Either use Bones mod, bones can be used like wood, when you like it easier on ice sheets.
Or you allow to build pallets out of metal too.

LWM

You can already build Pallets out of metal.  As far as I know,you cannot both allow wood-or-metal and allow fabric-of-choice at the same time.  That's the catch.  So maybe Pallets do need to be more flexible than they are now.

Maybe pallets with wrapping are for plant matter and ...raw wool?

--LWM

mcduff

QuoteAs far as I know,you cannot both allow wood-or-metal and allow fabric-of-choice at the same time
If anyone ever works out how to do this it would be amazing, but I think it's something that Tynan would have to put in the base game.

Canute

mcduff, many people are did a similar request.
Do you know how long Extended Storage mod exist, nearly so long are request to tynan to add some sort of storage solution to the game.
So far i can say, tynan is happy with the current storage solution with plain ground or shelf's.

mcduff

I meant using two kinds of stuff in a thing.

At present a thing can only have one kind of stuff plus extra fixed ingredients.

I'm talking about having different parts of a thing made out of different stuff.

(I think we were originally talking about it in relation to flak armor, so you could make it out of leather and wood or devistrand and plasteel. Pretty sure the answer was "too much work.")

LWM

Update!

* Pallets can now hold Textiles!
** Possible compatibility patches for anyone doing full textile manufacturing?  If someone points any such mods out to me.
* Only pallets with wrapping can hold loose plant matter.
* Meat Hooks now require Smithing (oh no! ...but reasonable)
* costs slightly increased for many items - these are big storage units

Upcoming:
* fabric hampers as another way to store loose stuff

--LWM

PS - should also be compatible with Mehni's PickUpAndHaul now.

Ruisuki

probably a long shot but possible with b19?

LWM

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 19, 2019, 04:06:29 PM
probably a long shot but possible with b19?

As in, the previous version?

There is a chance it WOULD actually work - much of the code I had started with had to be rewritten for b18, if I recall correctly, and I think the underlying hauling logic has been pretty stable since then.  Clearly, you should try, and then let me know when it fails spectacularly.

I am, of course, completely unable to compile against the b19 binaries, as I only got the Steam version (alas), and updates happen ><  But if you're feeling brave, you could probably make it - at least mostly - work.  I think.

--LWM

LWM

I also have that old b18 version kicking around, but it's kind of spare.  If nothing else, that one might work, altho it comes with some random debugging stuff mixed in   ::) ;D

You might be better off with the earliest 1.0 build I had.