[1.0,1.1] Deep Storage (functional)

Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vehicular_Zombicide

Quote from: Vehicular_Zombicide on July 30, 2019, 01:13:27 AM
Is this compatible with Stack XXL, or will they likely conflict?

I know Rimfeller adds chemfuel storage tanks that can store up to 10,000 units of chemfuel- along with pumps to allow you to add chemfuel to the tank or remove it. Not sure if they explode when damaged though.

sumghai

I've been away on an offsite work trip for two weeks, and it's great to see how far the mod as progressed.

Item material / count limit
It would be nice (especially for the weapons cabinets/lockers) for players to be able to specify an item count limit for each type of item stored. For example, I could specify a locker to store precisely 40 knifes and 20 pistols, regardless of how much mass/capacity is left

Expose LWM.DeepStorage.Properties settings in mod settings menu
For each Deep Storage building type, it would be neat if players could tweak the storage settings via the mod settings menu (e.g. maxNumberStacks, maxTotalMass, maxMassOfStoredItem, timeStoringTakes).

I may have a crack at this and submit a PR if time permits - I'm currently busy working with Athena on the FastTrack Edition fork of Combat Extended.

LWM

Update:  storage units are now in the "Storage" category of the Architect menu.  This includes non-Deep-Storage storage buildings by default.  This can be changed via the Settings.

Update:  RimFridge2 compatibility (not finalized, as RimFridge2 isn't finalized, but works!)

Quote from: sumghai on August 17, 2019, 09:24:26 PM
Item material / count limit
There's some re-writing of the ThingComp that I need to do before this will be reasonable.  It's on the list...

It would be nice (especially for the weapons cabinets/lockers) for players to be able to specify an item count limit for each type of item stored. For example, I could specify a locker to store precisely 40 knifes and 20 pistols, regardless of how much mass/capacity is left

The biggest question is "what would be the best UI for that?" - the ThingFilter doesn't have a convenient place to drop in an item count or anything...

If anyone wants to comment on such a possible UI, either posting ideas here or adding suggestions to https://github.com/lilwhitemouse/RimWorld-LWM.DeepStorage/issues/17 is good.

Expose LWM.DeepStorage.Properties settings in mod settings menu
And this one I've been slowly working up to!  I'm afraid I made it more complicated by the way I changed how storing time is calculated....it's no longer a flat time!  But it's now a change within easy reach, and might even be the next thing I do, just because I'm v familiar with Settings at the moment.

--LWM

LWM

A bunch of compatibility updates went out:
Kaiser Armory, Reich Armory, VGP Vegetable Patch (Silage stored now, finally), RimFridge now has a Deep Fridge building.

If anyone draws me a good Deep Fridge that's built into a wall, then I will very quickly pop out a Deep Wall Fridge, by the way.

Russian language now supported (Тхакиро).

A bigger shelf option is much closer now and the hurricane has passed (minimal excitement for me personally) so that might actually go out soon.

--LWM

Ruisuki

is this like a better version of 'extended storage -  extended' in that it can hold a lot more?

LWM

It's different.

I originally made it because I wanted a way to store more than one type of item in a given storage unit.  That took me a while, and then I added a few things of my own - there's a (balancing) delay while pawns stack and organize what they're storing, etc.

As far as ES-E goes, DS has avoided some of the weird bugs that involve corpses (they're just another thing as far as meat hooks are concerned) and doesn't involve the "everything blows up when the storage unit goes away" excitement.  On the other hand, there have been a few very weird interactions with other mods, hopefully mostly sorted out now (altho there's still one possible interaction that's still outstanding - one that not everyone reports).

I think DS plays well with other mods, but that may just be me talking ^.^  Or maybe just the mods I want it to play well with...  The storage units are all the same basic Building_Storage as the vanilla Shelf, so anything that affects shelves can also usually apply to DS.

Anyway, I don't really use ES-E since I've gotten this working, so I can't really give you more details about how it's different - for all I know, ES-E has changed a lot since I last had it.

I'm hoping DS will be more flexible once I get settings created that let anyone change storage properties however they want.

--LWM

Retry_02Hide

The only reason I am using DS instead of ES-E is because DS has weapon lockers, one and only, outstanding feature.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on September 09, 2019, 02:38:24 AM
The only reason I am using DS instead of ES-E is because DS has weapon lockers, one and only, outstanding feature.
Oh as opposed to ES-E having weapon racks that are too similar to the armor ones? I remember clutter used to have a submod for lockers/outfits. Hearing that this adds lockers as well is exciting! Are the dimensions also 1x2? o.o

Hmmm given how DS seems to have every type of storage as ES-E, except it can hold multiple types of items inside it, it seems like the best choice. I used to use change dresser but I disliked having bottomless storage, as I like to play as realistic as possible, so if DS happens to have a reasonable limit I think I'll give it a go. Only thing is Im low key scared to get rid of all the storages mid game :)
https://i.ibb.co/Stsk79C/extendedstore.png

this is my current armory, top side armor, bottom weapons. Will the furnishings provided by Deep Storage fit my current layout? I never got around to stuffing the armory because I have a sneaking suspicion ES-E would only ever let me hold 1 type of gun (revolver, vs a tactical pistol, or Carbine vs Shotgun etc) or apparel (1 type of shirt, 1 type of pant, 1 type of hat) per container which the OP of this mod seems to have confirmed xc)

LWM

Actually, the weapon lockers are all 1x1, and sumghai convinced me (with pictures and spreadsheets<3) that a properly packed locker can stuff a lot of weapons inside it!  I would have gotten to them eventually, but sumghai was enthusiastic and provided artwork, so he got his lockers ^.^

Quote from: Ruisuki on September 09, 2019, 03:05:59 AM
Only thing is Im low key scared to get rid of all the storages mid game :)
https://i.ibb.co/Stsk79C/extendedstore.png
[...]Will the furnishings provided by Deep Storage fit my current layout?

That's what god mode is for, right?  Changing horses mid-game.  In all honesty, you could always try loading both mods, using godmode to just drop in replacement clothing racks, and then restart with only DS.  Worse case scenario: an amusing disaster that your pawns get to clean up.  Heck, it might even just work?*

Your layout looks a lot like most of mine, fwiw ^.^

Quotewhich the OP of this mod seems to have confirmed xc)

Let me reiterate - I have not touched ES-E in ...years?  So I have no idea what weapons it can store today.  I only know what my mod stores, and that I'm happy with it.

Update news: shelf that can store 4 items is in testing.  The graphic is ...not *quite* right yet, but might be acceptable.

--LWM

* - mostly.

Canute

Extend storage don't got anything for weapon.
Personaly i just did clone the clothing rack and adjust it for weapons and put a big W on the texture. And it worked fine so far.

makute

I already asked in the CE thread, but it seems I won't get an asnwer soon, so maybe you can lend some help.

It would be possible for the weapon lockers to automatically unload ammo from the guns stored in them? Or maybe that the ammo on the guns reflects on the total count, so I know exactly how much ammo I have of every type?

Thanks in advance.

LWM

I suspect those are both doable.  I can see (sort of) how the 1st might be done.  I will perhaps ask sumghai if he can implement such a thing and keep it up to date.

--LWM

makute

Thanks a lot LWM.

Whatever solution you can come off will be quite an improvements over the alternative of manually track and unload every looted weapon, or after every change in the pawns loadout.

sumghai

Unfortunately, coding Harmony patches to allow LWM.DS Lockers to automatically unload firearms as they are being stored inside the lockers is probably too far outside my ability, so I'm not gonna be of much help there.

I am currently tangentially involved in the CE: FastTrack fork project, but my contributions are mainly compatibility patches instead of any codebase changes.

Speaking of CE:FT, an upcoming update will include some new and very large caliber ammunition such as missiles. I'm thinking of making a new 1x2 LWM.DS building specifically for storing mortar/tank shells and missiles, while leaving the current cabinets and lockers for weapons and smaller ammo.

Thoughts?

makute

Quote from: sumghai on September 11, 2019, 04:23:36 AM
Unfortunately, coding Harmony patches to allow LWM.DS Lockers to automatically unload firearms as they are being stored inside the lockers is probably too far outside my ability, so I'm not gonna be of much help there.
What about making the loaded ammo counts towards the total inventory instead of being "hidden" inside if the gun, so the pawns can get out of them an into theirs? Could that be feasible?

Quote from: sumghai on September 11, 2019, 04:23:36 AMI'm thinking of making a new 1x2 LWM.DS building specifically for storing mortar/tank shells and missiles, while leaving the current cabinets and lockers for weapons and smaller ammo.

Thoughts?
That sounds awesome. In fact, mortar shells take so much space in lockers (and are so volatile), that I'd prefer to have an alternative place for storing them.

Quote from: sumghai on September 11, 2019, 04:23:36 AM
I am currently tangentially involved in the CE: FastTrack fork project, but my contributions are mainly compatibility patches instead of any codebase changes.
Reading through your changelog I noticed this: "[Misc] Added Vehicles BodyShapeDef for pawn/creature like "vehicles"", how that relates to https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48126.0?