[1.0,1.1] Deep Storage (functional)

Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LWM

I use some of the graphics from Extended Storage, so that's the confusion...  If you want to use both, at this point I think you safely can?

It'll probably run slightly slower, so if you don't feel you need both, I would go with only one.  If you find yourself using both...why not?  Sorry about the duplicate names  8)  They are actually different, so more confusion, eh?

Ruisuki

yeah other than the names and textures perhaps there is value in having both. Since your mod it seems can hold more types of things, but extended storage can hold more of one thing? It seems like the case

Tocato

Im also running both but think I found a bug?

1. Not sure if its because of this mod but I see two 'storage' architect tabs. one is empty even when i run godmode.

2. the hamper can only be built in devilstrand, muffalo wool, and cloth even though i have other textiles. And theres no 'textiles' or clothing category to store things in it. Only food, meds and the like

The hamper has this description lmk if it's from you: This is a set of hampers made out of fabric. The various pockets allow storing large amounts of diverse small items with ease

LWM

Quote from: Tocato on May 15, 2020, 10:30:00 PM
Im also running both but think I found a bug?

1. Not sure if its because of this mod but I see two 'storage' architect tabs. one is empty even when i run godmode.
Next update should address that! You can always go to mod settings to keep them in separate "Storage" menus, altho that may not be preferable either.

2. the hamper can only be built in devilstrand, muffalo wool, and cloth even though i have other textiles. And theres no 'textiles' or clothing category to store things in it. Only food, meds and the like
Dear me, I have missed that every single time I have used it, but you're right, leather is not allowed - and it should be.

As far as storing textiles in hampers, I have never yet seen leather or cloth stored that way, so I made the conscious choice to not store them there.  If you want to, there are always mod settings :)

Canute

Or you keep texitles without leather but increase the varia of mat's you could store into.
Maybe add textile/leather to the storage, so they have a small advance compared to pallets.

I never found a good exclusive use for them, same for pallet with wrapings or double shelfs.

LWM

Quote from: Canute on May 16, 2020, 03:57:31 AM
I never found a good exclusive use for them [hampers], same for pallet with wrapings or double shelfs.

Plant matter.

The pallet with wrapping really does need some balancing, but I'm not sure what's the best way to do it.

Ruisuki

yeah hampers are traditionally for clothing, but there already is a clothing rack no? I guess i could use it for clothing that needs mending

and glad to hear an update is coming to address the architect menu issue lwm. i await your release. Also I appreciate the fact that storages have a limit, was never a fan of bottomless storages. The fact that deep storage allows up to 10 stacks makes me seriously consider dropping extended storage. i probably would have by now if it wasnt for the additions added by the submod, extended storage extended. Any plans on using different textures though for the future? Or different names to differentiate between the mods

LWM

Quote from: Ruisuki on May 17, 2020, 01:47:02 PM
yeah hampers are traditionally for clothing, but there already is a clothing rack no? I guess i could use it for clothing that needs mending
I had NEVER considered that either!  I now have a place to store all my tainted clothing!  Or I will once I play with the filters.

Quote... the additions added by the submod, extended storage extended. Any plans on using different textures though for the future? Or different names to differentiate between the mods

I have maybe 5 art; creating new textures for furniture is REALLY HARD for me.  I would happily welcome new artwork, and am willing to add new items as well - or help someone else add an entire new set of items if they want to (like the other add-on mods running around on Steam)

--LWM

Canute

QuoteAlso I appreciate the fact that storages have a limit, was never a fan of bottomless storages. The fact that deep storage allows up to 10 stacks makes me seriously consider dropping extended storage.
Me too.
Even when i gave some good feedback for Infinity storage, i never used it later aftere the testing.
Even with the energy cost it feel not right to use it.
Extended Storage miss the weapon lockers and meat hock.
So Deep storage is my favoured at moment together with the smaller ones addon from Sixdd. And i don't see a reason to have both storage mods active even when they don't conflict.

QuoteI now have a place to store all my tainted clothing!  Or I will once I play with the filters.
Filter is simple.
I allways got clothing racks for Tainted and bad quality near the Loom (VGP) to deconstruct, and another one for good quality to repair next to the mending bench.
Not to speak 2-3 clothing racks at the guest area marked for shop (Hospitality) for special crafted clothes guest could buy. It is nice to see when all guests leave your map wear your cowboy hats ! :-)

Tocato

LWM

Yes?

There was one recently, and there will likely be another in the next week, with better right-click support.

Simstu

Hello there, I have a problem. When I set my mod settings to robots (you know, from 3rd to 2nd position/dot) it wont save and every time a load a save I have to set it again. Can you please help me somehow?
Great mod btw.
Appreciate it

LWM

That's rather strange - I haven't seen that problem before.

What version of the mod are you using? Are you using the Steam version?

Do you know where your mod settings are stored?  In Linux is something like ~/.config/unity3d/Ludeon.../RimWorld?/...Config?  Someone on the forum has explained it better than me ;)  If you could open the game, make the changes to the mod setting, and then look at the DS mod settings file? I would like to see the contents.

Simstu

Quote from: LWM on July 15, 2020, 07:28:42 PM
What version of the mod are you using? Are you using the Steam version?

Do you know where your mod settings are stored? I would like to see the contents.

Note: I'm still on 1.0, if that helps...
Downloaded the latest Steam version yesterday.
Do you mean like these? Otherwise I don't know what to look for...

LWM

Oh!

I don't have the 1.0 versions to build against, so I'm not sure I can fix anything if there IS a problem.  Do you have my last 1.0 build?