[Mod Request/Idea] EMP Stuns Marine Power Armor and Bionic Limbs!

Started by Kirby23590, January 07, 2019, 09:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should EMP Stun Marine Power armor Or Bionic Limbs?

Yeah! It adds tactical layers into combat!
0 (0%)
Maybe EMP should only stun Power armor users who wear them instead.
1 (100%)
I think it should stun people who have Bionic limbs only.
0 (0%)
No way! It's all fine with Mechanoids, Shield Belts and Turrets. That's too much!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Kirby23590

Aloha!
Let's talk about EMP...

Now EMP we have EMP Grenades, IED and Mortar Shells that can explode, releasing harmless Electromagnetic pulses that can disable Mechanoids, Turrets, Mortars and deplete Shield Belt Users but that's all it's good at...

It has less uses and is mostly not worth against Human Opponents and Raiders, is but very good at disabling Mechanoids and Enemy Equipment such as Turrets...

So how about making EMP being able to Disable or Stun Marine Power Armor and Bionic Parts users?

It would open more strategies and tactics to make EMP Grenades, Traps and Equipment to be actually good against not just to Full Shield Belt Raids but also to Raiders wearing Marine armor and those who have Bionic Limbs and actually turn EMP Grenadiers Raiders into a Threat not to your Turrets but also to your Transhumanists Colonists with Bionic Parts.

They would affect and punish Marine Armor and Bionic Limbs users, not just to the Raiders but also to your own Colonists.
But Not the Marine helmet or Archotech Limbs users... since we could make Bionic Limbs in the Fabrication bench.

Thanks for Reading!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

vovik

+1 but only for outer bionics - inner bionics stun will be unpleasant...
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

I am unsure why EMP should work on Bionics.
An EMP destroy/overload integrated circuits. But i don't think bionic parts are made out of these.
Or they would be called robot parts.

Similar to Marine armor, sure that would have integrated circuits, but it is part of a military equipment, and these normaly got a shielding against EMP.

Kirby23590

Canute, Sure that could be a bit unpleasant, and a bit bad...

However i would Still want it to stun those who have Bionic Limbs, And Including the Marine Armor... It might have but the EMP-Nades could be a advanced equipment to stun those Power Armor Users if the EMP-Nades was also a part military items to disable not just robots, shield belts or automated defenses, but also for those wearing Powered armor

Vovik, I would only for Outer Bionic Parts too as well, It would seem way too evil to disable someone with Painstopper and then realize that they have too much bullet holes in their torso and might be missing arm or an leg, and then start panicking lying in the ground or instantly die from the EMP...

Yeah i would go for outer bionics for stunning them and leave the inner bionics alone...

Canute

Then it should work for all bionics.
Die from bionic heart/liver stoped working.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Canute on January 12, 2019, 06:44:01 AM
Then it should work for all bionics.
Die from bionic heart/liver stoped working.

Way Too evil, might kill your potential prisoner or your best #1 Colonist...

EMP Stun? It's in my book... :P

Kirby23590

Hey sorry for kinda bumping this back up...

But i would like to see this post get some kinda of revival. Thinking of some kinda of Poll here... Whadda think guys? :)