[Mod suggestions] World map disaster events and map bosses

Started by chriserit, January 08, 2019, 11:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriserit

i doubt noone ever came up with these ideas, so i am looking for mods (or maybe scenarios if that would be the case) that actually have these functions:
i was initially looking for mods that already made it but now it's clear noone ever made something similar so gonna suggest them

1- WORLD MAP DISASTER EVENT(?). when you select a starting point in the world map a "disaster point" is also selected (either you or the game). the disaster point expand every X time and bring big disasters in the area it affects.
i will bring two examples to make this more clear.

A. let's say your "rescue point" and the "disaster point" are next to each other. well, we can think of this as we are in LOTR. i would need to bring my ring to mount doom in order to destroy it and win. in this scenario i would have to get to the most dangerous position, filled with enemy raids and other events that normally ends colonies in order to win. in addition to this, the "disaster area" expands with time, which means, that unless i get to the "rescue point" fast enough i will have to travel something like 50 world map squares under the "disaster" effects (in this case nearly endless enemy raids). obviously if something like that happens you will most likely lose.

B. your "starting point" is between the "rescue point" and the "disaster point". in this case let's say a giant nuclear power plant exploded. the nuclear radiations emitted keep reaching more and more places killing everything it gets near to, and will soon reach every point of the earth. in this case you wanna keep moving away from the "disaster point" and go towards the "rescue point", and as fast as you can, otherwise you will end up under the effect of the radiations and die in the near future. the only safety is getting to the "rescue point" before the "disaster reach you.

in both cases, move as fast as possible to the safety point or die horribly.
--i always found annoying how useless world maps feels. once i build a nice and safe city in my starting place i don't feel any need to travel to the target point/build a ship in order to "win". if i built a safe base with a nice economy all i need to do at that point is wait and collect for the travel, it's like all the challenges already ended at that point and i don't need to travel anywhere nor create a new base. a mod with the function explained would bring me new challenges and also something that makes me want to move to other places even if i already built a nice and safe base.

2- BOSSES placed around the world map. i am looking for a mod that have "bosses" (anything that is stronger than the normal colonist/animal/whatever you can encounter normally) being spawned around the map. something i would need a strong group of my colonist to go and kill, and, that would get me unique rewards (which can be simply a legendary quality sniper rifle, or a colonist with unique story/trait). example: if we imagine the game to be placed in a fantasy world a "boss" would be a dragon placed somewhere like in the highest mountain the world map has, and once i travel with my colonists to that place i would have to face that dragon in the map that will be created.

-- don't care what the "boss" is, just want something around the world map to look forward to and prepare for.

sorry for long post. hope something like this already exists.

pablo603

cosmic alpaca

please, do not ask about my user name and profile pic

snedhle

Both ideas are very cool! The first one should already be the behaviour for fallouts and i would love to play both of these.

The second one sounds way more easily creatable though, i don't think it would be unlikely for this to be made at some point.

Thisbrewwillmakeyougay

I've had some idea similar to #1

A. There's a large slow moving hostile "caravan" that starts far from your starting and move toward your location. As it gets closer it starts sending scouts and then larger attacks. Once it reach your colony it send a massive attack that is almost impossible to defend against. You can slow down and weaken the caravan by sending sabotage attacks.

B. Instead of a caravan, there a fixed settlement sending raid caravan periodically that you can intercept to prevent them reaching your colony.

C. Just having vanilla events such as toxic fallout and volcanic fallout affect nearby tiles as well.

chriserit

changed post name and similar given noone did something similar before