Is there any Mod That Adds Mythological & Legendary Beasts?

Started by Kirby23590, December 22, 2018, 03:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Hello!

It's no secret that i like playing Rimworld with the Long gone Extinct cenozoic creatures from the Mod Megafauna and along with the bones of the dinosaurs coming back to life with Dinosauria and Strange and beautiful but Deadly Alpha Animals that all three bring deadly predators and useful or animals that can be tamed or hunted for meat to the colony...

But there is still something missing here... And talking about these fictional beasts that weren't extinct but were created by Greek and Egyptian and other Mythological Creatures and other Folklore and Heraldic Symbols with legendary beasts...

Sure we got some mods that add Dragons but... What about Gryphons, Manticores, Basilisks that can instantly kill a Colonist with it's attacks, Unicorns, Phoenixes and the Three Headed Cerberus?

Or What about Nine-Tailed Foxes, Hydras, Qilins or Kirins, Bunyips, Wendigos, Living Gargoyles, Barghests, Fireball spitting Hellhounds, Chupacabras, Death worms, Jackalopes or the Skvader?

I know what you're thinking... Aren't They going to be weird and out of place in the Rimworld? Well Yes and No... They do look a bit out of place especially when someone fights or hunts a manhunting Griffin with an Assault Rifle or a there's a Hellhound next to a Person suited in Power Armor...

But in the Rims, We got something like Wargs and Thrumbos who appear to be Genetically or Bio engineered, So some scientist in the Rimworld's universe would play around with the Eagle and the Lion DNAs to create Gryphons or Create Rabbits or Hares with Deer Antlers, So Skvaders won't be out of place, since in Reality it was created by an Taxidermist only to be brought to life by Science! And other dangerous experiments or weapons like Wendigos and Hellhounds...

Also there are also Medieval Worlds where they do have Griffins or Hydras there, before the planet became another Rimworld where the Crashlanded or Space Pirates brought in the Advanced Weapons or they Exported Legendary Creatures into other planets...

Let Me Ask you a Question... What game did Add Gryphons or Dragons in a Sci-fi Setting and gave them Cybernetic or Bionic Limbs to them?
There are a few Sci-fi games or works of fiction that did add Gryphons in their works and allow you to tame them while wielding Energy Weapons while riding them...

I would want to know if there is a mod that add one of these creatures! ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Kirby23590

Thank you Roolo... ;D

I kinda hope that some modder would read this and get some ideas to bring some of these Legendary Mythical Creatures to the Rims someday, like the Wendigo and the Manticores...

Kirby23590

Hey almost trying to revive this post back on top, but i hope someone finds something interesting out of this,

Besides i wish there is someone going make a mod that adds not just Wendigos but also a Wendigo stalking one of your colonists about to eat him or her something similar to Alpha animals where a Arctic Lion is stalking one of your colonists...

And Qilins giving a bad fortune or a bad omen if you killed one or more Qilins, essentially similar to Call of Cthullu's Storyteller's omens where there's a raid about to happen or most of your colonists would get diseases and become bed ridden...

Or Gargoyles being hard to crack because their skin is hard stone and they are immune to fires...

Because i'm not saying any mod that adds a single Wendigo or a Basilisk that can instantly kill your colonist with it's poison ( Not though that's not part of the myth...) So i hope someone looks at this and makes a mod out of it...