Mercenary-Base - Recruit new member

Started by Kagee, January 08, 2019, 03:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kagee

Hello everyone, I've registered for this post... yeah!
(-:

In my last game I started with 'Prepare Carefully' and I was looking for some good backstories. I found the "Mercenary recruit" and the "Mercenary". In that Moment I had an idea for the playthrough. Make all 3 starting colonists Mercenaries!
Some time later the first enemy appeared and I captured him in my prison. Maybe he will join my colony, maybe not.
But a Mercenary-Group should be able to hire new recruits, train them so they can become a full member mercenary (with the same backstory as like the others). This is still just an idea an needs some balancing for getting pawns with a good backstory. Maybe you have to pay them, to recruit them, because that's mercenary stuff. Or in the 'Training-Phase' they work limited only 2-4 hours a day and being trained in the other time. So you also need a trainer (who can't work in this time). Later you can hire someone specialized in cooking, medicine, ... to do this specific stuff for you. Maybe you have to constantly pay them every month depending on the skills of the pawn.

This base would be different from others, it would be strictly geometric build in rooms 11x11, pawns have work shifts (night & day), small bedrooms and everything is very functional only...
I like to have some kind of story/background in my head while playing Rimworld, it gives me more fun playing the game. Can you recommend some mods to achieve parts of this idea? Editing the savegame to change the backstory isn't that funny...

Thanks for reading!

Edit:
After writing all this I started searching by myself.

Edit Backstories:
There is a SaveGame Editor out there, works fine.

Reduce the work a pawn can do:
Give them more Free-Time in their schedule.