PC Gamers review of Rimworld

Started by KillTyrant, January 09, 2019, 07:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillTyrant

I dont want to link to the article directly as it's an ad riddled page but it seems like these people think Ty are responsible for his player base giving personalized character background based on their own life. In this case l, the author went after the trans characters. Its moments like this that reinforce why lagacy media and traditional game journalism is going the way of the dodo.

pablo603

PC Gamer is stupid. Because of him I stopped paying attention to reviews of these kinds of sites. The only real reviews are from the steam page itself and your own review based on a video/your first hours of experience.

ManHuntingSquirrel

What happened exactly? They did the anti-new move and talked about how it makes people killers?
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Kirby23590

Quote from: ManhuntingSquirrel on January 11, 2019, 11:03:28 AM
What happened exactly? They did the anti-new move and talked about how it makes people killers?

PC Gamer has something that made the writer unhappy with the Backstories with the game and blaming it on Tynan that made it... :-[

But in reality it was made by Kickstarter Backers and Players who bought the Name with Backstories that made those backstories and Tynan pointed that out and well here's the full thing in Tynan's Twitter, glad he diffused it by pointing that out...

This whole mess would have been avoided if PC Gamer didn't publish this story, i don't know if they had a robotic ai reviewing the writer's reviews before publishing it and that they are realizing that they are starting a dumpster fire unintentionally summoning pirate raids and manhunter packs and mechanoids crashing into their base...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: Kirby23590 on January 13, 2019, 11:31:03 AM
Quote from: ManhuntingSquirrel on January 11, 2019, 11:03:28 AM

So they complained about the backstories being controversial and blamed Tynan.

PC Gamer has something that made the writer unhappy with the Backstories with the game and blaming it on Tynan that made it... :-[

But in reality it was made by Kickstarter Backers and Players who bought the Name with Backstories that made those backstories and Tynan pointed that out and well here's the full thing in Tynan's Twitter, glad he diffused it by pointing that out...

This whole mess would have been avoided if PC Gamer didn't publish this story, i don't know if they had a robotic ai reviewing the writer's reviews before publishing it and that they are realizing that they are starting a dumpster fire unintentionally summoning pirate raids and manhunter packs and mechanoids crashing into their base...
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO