Failed colony sites

Started by Reaver00, October 21, 2013, 05:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaver00

I think it would be interesting to have a random area sometimes show up on the map when a  fresh game is made.  The remains of an abandoned/failed colony site.  Far on the corner of a map you might find some broken down, unpowered buildings.  Worn and partially destroyed by the elements. perhaps you can salvage some metals or a weapon.  Find some graves and a corpse with a note containing some flavor text, or an unsettling warning that triggers a new dangerous type of creature to slowly encroach on your own colony site. 

Or instead of an abandoned colony, perhaps you find a crashed ship, or remains of your own ship.  Or an old mining camp.  Alien native camp.  I think this would be a nice random bit of flavor to a newly generated planet.

Or, say your colony fails and everyone dies, you could have the option of starting a new game with new colonists who happen to land in the same area as your old colony... but say a few hundred years later.  So, caves would have collapsed in, old machinery would be practically useless.  stuff like that.

Semmy

I think tynan is doing this under archeology.
Not sure though

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

AlexNAC04