How to buy RimWorld without Steam?

Started by Indistinguishable, January 11, 2019, 08:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thHorseman

Quote from: Canute on January 19, 2019, 03:26:25 AM
So you are buying your food and other things you need for your daily life direct from the developer too ? Or do you got into some kind of superstore next to you ?

Basicly steam is a good things, just how they made it and their policy are a different thing.
Don't forget there are other currency then money.
And i don't use steam either.

I do use Steam, for this exact reason. It's like not buying books from publishers because you're robbing the authors from getting "all of your money." When in fact self-publishing is almost always a lose-lose for an author.

Steam is a service, for you and for game companies. Of COURSE that service costs money to run. You think when you buy directly from Ludeon they don't have to pay for the server space for the versions, the bandwidth for you to download it, the uptime so you can download it any number of times you want whenever you want? The people to maintain it?

For all you know, Ludeon actually gets MORE money from a Steam sale, when all the boxes are ticked.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kirby23590

There is this in the Rimworld Game's page if you want Rimworld without DRM...

While i do have Steam, since the people there do need money and the staff because they have families too to feed as well...

Also i do have an account in GOG... Even though they don't support my country's currency yet... And i have some games that i bought as well, like Rollercoaster tycoon 1, 2 & 3...

While i don't know if Tynan is planning to make his game go in Steam Sale, but i know that sells something like crazy in black friday deals...

I do remember the History of Prison Architect's Story with Introversion Software, they were in a financial trouble, it was a Steam Sale that made their game sold more copies that saved their game and their company from bankruptcy...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.