"Preferred player-created characters" are never showing

Started by Vakari, January 12, 2019, 12:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vakari

EDIT 2:  I have logged this as a bug.  I will be replying to any help there.  Thanks!

EDIT:  I have yet to see either character.  I am using the Prepare Carefully mod to spam new characters.  I get repeats of the some characters (Derrial Shepard Book, for example), and yet I have had see either of my characters show up since the release, in any game.  What file are these names generated from?  I'd like to confirm they are actually in there.  If so, then I really think the RNG is broken.

Is anyone else who was added since 1.0 having this issue?

Thanks for any help!

Since 1.0, when they were added, I've not had either of the two specified characters show up in-game.  I have them specified in Options.  I've been playing for two weeks, and had several new colonies, and haven't seen either one yet.

Is there a way to search all characters on a planet and check if they are being added?  Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

Goldenpotatoes

The characters can be literally anyone, ranging from some random part of a group passing by to one of the spacers in a casket waiting for you to open it. If you want to guarantee seeing it, just random roll colonists at the start till you get them. I had a 4 year save where I never saw my character only to find them after popping an ancient danger, dead straight out of the casket.

Vakari

Thanks, GP.  But, that seems to negate the point of the checkbox then?  Four years sounds like broken RNG to me, when there is a specific setting turned on to increase the chance to see certain ones.