Most textures replaced by some sort of logo

Started by redxlaser15, January 13, 2019, 12:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redxlaser15

I was playing on a world when suddenly a bunch of textures just changed into this red and white logo type thingy. Almost all of them. I have mods, but I tested them to make sure they work together and didn't install any during that play-through. Even if I get a new save, it still happens. The game hasn't crashed, but I can't play realistically when 99% of all textures look the same other than different sizes on occasion. A tree doesn't look any different than a piece of leather.

Canute

Hi,
did you read the sticky of this subforum ?
Does this still happen when you deactivate all mods ?

But i think it is a mod issue and don't belong to here.
I bet you use steam workshop, then one of your mod's got updated maybe i a wrong way.
Since this still happen on new colonies, you just need deactivate some mods until you found out which one.
If you got a update history, you should start with these mods otherwhile i would suggest the 50% methode (deactivate half the mods).
I would allways keep hugslib activate, that mod offer a quickstart function for new colonies, one shift click at the icon on top (whilte dev mode is on) to start a random colony.

redxlaser15

I started working on doing that.
Something to note about the logo thing is that it seems to have a picture of a city(?) surrounded by a red band with the backward words 'Girl Develop It' on the top and some cursive writing on the bottom I can't read.

redxlaser15

I fixed it, short version, if a mod is by the author AliceTries then don't use it.

Kirby23590

There was a drama of sorts about the thing of that logo affecting people's modded games, i don't want to go on full details about the whole fiasco, tons of people who got infected by the mods made by the author, they really became pissed or something like that because of a twitch integration mod that was being worked on with advertisements in the chat of the organization that the author was in...

In sort the people who used author's mods has became an angry mob when all their textures are being replaced into the logo which has bricked their save files with those mods and then after a few hours the mods disappeared from the steam workshop... I don't how i feel about this, but this is childish behavior and a waste of good modding experience potential, what a shame and a sad thing... :(   

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.