Has anyone came up with huge lag about caraven operation on modded late game?

Started by jessefjxm, January 17, 2019, 01:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessefjxm

It has been several (in-game) years since my heavily (120+) modded save begin. At first caravan goes well and runs fast. But recently as my pawns become advanced bionic warrior and are able to travel forever without running out of food, I notice that adding or removing pawns on caravan creation become super lag and have to wait 10+s to get response. Those lags always come with the change of remaining food days from infinite to small numbers(say 0-3 days), or vice versa. Besides, select a caraven on map and choose destination also have to wait 10 more seconds.

So I'm wandering if anyone has came up with this issue before, as I hadn't came up with such abrupt lag about caravan. I'm also trying to figure out if any mod is responsible for this, but there's quite a lot of mods I cant remove without crash my save :(

Canute

I bet your advanced bionic warrior got increased manipulation too and maybe some skill at plants.
So his forage ability got boosted too, so he can forage more food then he can consume.
So long he stay at fertile biomes.

About the lag, did you took a the log window, does any error's show up, which cause the lag i would say.
Enable Developer mode at the option, then you can open the log window with the top left icon that appeared.
And please don't do a screenshot with your mobile to share the error with use, use the green "Share logs" button :-)

jessefjxm

I believe I didnt see any significant error on log last time i check then...anyway I'll give another try and post them later. ;)

jessefjxm

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2019, 01:56:17 AM
I bet your advanced bionic warrior got increased manipulation too and maybe some skill at plants.
So his forage ability got boosted too, so he can forage more food then he can consume.
So long he stay at fertile biomes.

About the lag, did you took a the log window, does any error's show up, which cause the lag i would say.
Enable Developer mode at the option, then you can open the log window with the top left icon that appeared.
And please don't do a screenshot with your mobile to share the error with use, use the green "Share logs" button :-)

Checked again and looks like nothing happened during the lag :(  Some erros shown but I think they're unrelated to caravan event.

Here's the log: https://git.io/fh8a9

jessefjxm

Also notice that when i add an carnivores into caravan, which reduce remaining food days into 0, lags will disappear. This looks like a vanilla issue as no mods as I can remember modified those codes.

Canute

Carnivores won't grass like herbivore and need food at their own.

Since you use all giddyup mods and an error with giddyup show up.
Try to update the latest version if you don't use steam.

jessefjxm

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2019, 07:08:31 AM
Carnivores won't grass like herbivore and need food at their own.

Since you use all giddyup mods and an error with giddyup show up.
Try to update the latest version if you don't use steam.

There might be some mirror conflict with giddyup as I just installed them from workshop an hour ago... I mean, giddyup shouldn't be the cause as the problem occurs before they are installed.

I may try creating a new and rich vanilla scenario to see if things still happens.