Replacing Crops Texture Paths ... Not working

Started by jabbamonkey, January 17, 2019, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

So, I am trying to redo the crops (cause some of them look a little too "cartoonish" for me). I tried recreating the textures, and used the DEF to find the correct paths and names, but the textures are still not working...

For cotton, I searched the Defs, and found the following paths for the cotton plant in Plants_Cultivated_Farms.xml ....
QuoteTextures\Things\Plant\CottonPlant
Textures\Things\Plant\CottonPlant_Immature

So, since the graphicclass is GraphicRandom, I placed the images as such...

QuoteTextures\Things\Plant\CottonPlant\CottonPlantA.png
Textures\Things\Plant\CottonPlant\CottonPlantB.png
(note: I also tried just using a single image CottonPlant.png)

Textures\Things\Plant\CottonPlant_Immature\CottonPlant_Immature.png
(note: I also tried renaming the immature image CottonPlant.png in that folder)

But none of these worked.  I even tried just placing both images in the Plant/ folder (with no subfolders).  Any idea what's wrong?  I have a TON of other crops to redo, and can't get the first few working... 

Thanks

jabbamonkey

Ok, that helped me make some minor path/naming corrections. Now, some of the textures show, some don't. See the image below...

The immature crops aren't showing at all.  And, for the mature crops, sometimes it shows the old texture, and other times it shows the new texture. Odd. Below are the paths and naming convention...

QuoteThings\Plants\CornPlant\CornPlant_A.png
Things\Plants\CornPlant\CornPlant_B.png
Things\Plants\CornPlant_Immature\CornPlant_A.png
Things\Plants\CornPlant_Immature\CornPlant_B.png
(note: I also tried just using Things\Plants\CornPlant_Immature\CornPlant.png for the immature, and that didn't work either)

Things\Plants\CottonPlant\CottonPlant_A.png
Things\Plants\CottonPlant\CottonPlant_B.png
Things\Plants\CottonPlant\CottonPlant_C.png
Things\Plants\CottonPlant_Immature\CottonPlant_A.png
Things\Plants\CottonPlant_Immature\CottonPlant_B.png
Things\Plants\CottonPlant_Immature\CottonPlant_C.png

AileTheAlien

Maybe the game is looking at either the image location for the vanilla game, or for your mod, randomly? What you could do instead, is have all your images in a unique location (for example, "Things\JabbaMonkeysPlants\CornPlant\CornPlant_A.png" instead of using the exact same folder names as the base game) and then patch all the image locations for the plants to look at that location instead of the default location. It would be a bit more work, but should work 100% of the time.

jabbamonkey

Quote from: AileTheAlien on January 18, 2019, 07:07:44 PM
Maybe the game is looking at either the image location for the vanilla game, or for your mod, randomly? What you could do instead, is have all your images in a unique location (for example, "Things\JabbaMonkeysPlants\CornPlant\CornPlant_A.png" instead of using the exact same folder names as the base game) and then patch all the image locations for the plants to look at that location instead of the default location. It would be a bit more work, but should work 100% of the time.

A bit more work is fine ... but that could also cause problems with other mods (which I am trying to avoid).  The way the game works, is that if replacement textures exist, then SHOULD just be replacing the default textures.

jabbamonkey

Anyone else know why this is happening? And how to fix it?