[1.0] Dual Wield - True dual wielding for any weapon (you allow)

Started by Roolo, January 17, 2019, 04:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSneak

Ey btw, there's another strange behavior (it's the 480~ish-mods-list-guy btw :D ), I use "Rimworld of magic", and my dual wielding druid when casting a healing spell, fires the offhand weapon x) which was hilarious (no errors again).

If someone else reports this, you know it's a bug, otherwise it's just due to "too many mods" incompatibilities.

Roolo

Quote from: HSneak on January 26, 2019, 02:04:28 PM
Ey btw, there's another strange behavior (it's the 480~ish-mods-list-guy btw :D ), I use "Rimworld of magic", and my dual wielding druid when casting a healing spell, fires the offhand weapon x) which was hilarious (no errors again).

If someone else reports this, you know it's a bug, otherwise it's just due to "too many mods" incompatibilities.

It's definitely a compatibility problem, someone else reported it too. Gave me a good laugh. I'll look into it!

jom650

Plz update the mod for the CE compatibility.
it is not compatible with CE by now

Roolo

Quote from: jom650 on February 05, 2019, 04:39:12 PM
Plz update the mod for the CE compatibility.
it is not compatible with CE by now

CE compatibility is no simple task as a lot of code my mod targets is changed in CE. If it was simple, I'd have done it at release. I might have to rewrite half my mod to make it compatible, and if that's the case, I won't bother. However, I'll see if I can find some way to do it without investing an insane amount of time. But even that takes time, and I have many other things to do, so you'll have to be patient, and you have to take into account there might never be a CE patch.

Tenshi~Akari

I seem to have run across an instance of pawns getting into social fights using their off-hand weapon to attack instead of their fists as per normal. Last playthrough I had, one of the trader caravaneers literally shot his "buddy" in the foot during a scuffle. Nothing came up during this incident error-wise (red or otherwise), but if it happens again, I'll be sure to see if there's something going on in the logs & copy it over if it helps.

Roolo

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on February 06, 2019, 02:20:17 PM
I seem to have run across an instance of pawns getting into social fights using their off-hand weapon to attack instead of their fists as per normal. Last playthrough I had, one of the trader caravaneers literally shot his "buddy" in the foot during a scuffle. Nothing came up during this incident error-wise (red or otherwise), but if it happens again, I'll be sure to see if there's something going on in the logs & copy it over if it helps.

You do have the latest version installed, or not? If so, I'll look into it. It's something I thought I had fixed a few updates ago, but maybe I overlooked something.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Roolo on February 07, 2019, 04:11:25 AM
You do have the latest version installed, or not? If so, I'll look into it. It's something I thought I had fixed a few updates ago, but maybe I overlooked something.

Nah, you don't have to do all that. Apparently I did miss the 1.04 update.  :P Sorry about that.

Roolo

Update
v1.0.5
- Pawns no longer use melee attacks of off hand weapons in social fights.
- Fixed issue involving offhand weapon spamming attacks when a pawn has only a offhand melee weapon equipped, and no main hand weapon.
- Fixed compatibility issue with mods that add abilities. Offhand weapons are no longer used while abilities are performed. Healers no longer shoot the wounded :).
- Some changes in terminology.

I also looked into a compatibility issue with Simple Sidearms that has been reported. Some people said they had weapons disappearing when using both mods. I couldn't reproduce this. Now matter how hard I try, weapons won't disappear. Sometimes they move to the inventory, or they are dropped to the ground, but that's all in correspondence with how things should work. If anyone can provide me with reliable steps on how to reproduce the issue, it would be very helpful for me. At this moment I'm starting to think that there's actually no issue, and that some people just got confused with how Simple Sidearms works. Please prove me this is not the case if you can :).

HSneak

Quote from: Roolo on February 17, 2019, 08:39:58 AM

I also looked into a compatibility issue with Simple Sidearms that has been reported. Some people said they had weapons disappearing when using both mods. I couldn't reproduce this. Now matter how hard I try, weapons won't disappear. Sometimes they move to the inventory, or they are dropped to the ground, but that's all in correspondence with how things should work.

About that issue, it seems it's not totally related to SimpleSidearms, since I had a pawn dual wielding pistols ONLY (no melee sidearm, 2hand weapon or anything, the only thing he had was his bare hands as a secondary weapon), that pawn got downed and the same problem happened, one of the two weapons just vanished, surely the offhand one [can't remember], the weapon was not on ground, nor in his inventory or anywhere on the map.

Perhaps this could help you try to get to the core of the problem. I'll try to gather more info or something to help next time I launch the game (it's 1h20 now to launch it x') ... I love mod-madness !).

I'm no expert, but I can't remember if the pawn had max carrying capacity or not (since I have a mod which  changes that), I thought perhaps if the game tried to put back the weapon in the inventory but the pawn couldn't carry anything more, the game would just "delete" the weapon. As said, i'll try to find something to direct searching toward the core of the problem.

And ofc, thank you very much for this mod and the updates :D

Roolo

Quote from: HSneak on February 17, 2019, 02:32:53 PM
About that issue, it seems it's not totally related to SimpleSidearms
[...]

Thanks for your clear report! Mind that it might also be unrelated to Dual Wielding in the first place. If I say: "I'm getting reports of this issue", I run the risk that anyone that has an issue that's similar might start to relate it to my mod, while it's actually something else causing it. I'm not saying it isn't my mod, but please keep this in mind while testing things :).

Quotethat pawn got downed and the same problem happened,
The fact it happened when the pawn was downed is very useful info for me. I'll try to fiddle a bit with that.

RyanRim

Damn son, I return to a kickass mod age. What a nice addition.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

HSneak

First thing first, I moved the mod waaay up in my list (it was near the bottom before).

I've made some tests, and I can't reproduce the "downed-pawn-disappearing-offhand-weapon-thingy", I'm sorry, I surely was mistaken (I was pretty sure my pawn had plasma nades with molotov, and the molotov disappeared, but guess I didn't see it on the ground [or the load order removed the issue]). I couldn't do it again, either by downing my dual-wielding pawn via console or by shooting at him, in either cases BOTH weapons would drop to the ground, primary and offhand.

However, I've found something, when a dual-wielding pawn switches to "BARE HANDS" (or Unarmed combat [Simple Sidearms]), he still holds the offhand weapon, clicking the bare hands icon again would put the offhand weapon back in inventory, doing the same thing with another weapon (tried vanilla, modded, firearm, melee, or a tool from survival tools) would make the offhand weapon completely disappear (I mean even his "Mass Carried" number would reflect that by getting reduced)... A small detail that could perhaps help, when switching to bare hands, he would put the MAIN weapon back in inventory as a Sidearm, while putting the offhand weapon as a picked-up item (striped background in SS UI).

While testing I found another thing, equipping an offhand weapon first then a primary one afterwards would make the offhand weapon disappear. Switching offhand weapons while dual-wielding would make the offhand weapon drop on ground.

And no errors at all in any case (while switching weapons, either disappear or not) no yellow and no red.

Once again, sorry for the mislead about downed pawns...

Roolo

@RyanRim

@HSneak.
Don't worry, such things can happen, and I take that into account when reading reports. I even sometimes deliberately wait for a while until looking into things as it happens quite often that something gets resolved even before I look into it :P.

However, I've found something, when a dual-wielding pawn switches to "BARE HANDS" (or Unarmed combat [Simple Sidearms]), he still holds the offhand weapon, clicking the bare hands icon again would put the offhand weapon back in inventory, doing the same thing with another weapon (tried vanilla, modded, firearm, melee, or a tool from survival tools) would make the offhand weapon completely disappear (I mean even his "Mass Carried" number would reflect that by getting reduced)...

I can reproduce that pressing "bare hands" moves the main hand weapon to the inventory. You then indeed only have your offhand weapon, which is then treated internally mostly as a main hand weapon for several reasons (except that it's still flagged as offhand, and drawn as offhand). So if you press the button again, your offhand weapon which is seen as a main hand weapon by Simple Sidearms goes to your inventory as well. Now what I don't get is what you mean with:
"doing the same thing with another weapon ". The language here is a bit vague, but I think you mean that  you pressed the "bare hands" button once for a dual wielding pawn, and then equipped a new weapon while the pawn was still holding one weapon in its off hand. Am I right? In that case, you end up in the same situation as when you just equip a weapon as off-hand first, and then equip a weapon to your main hand, which seems to give you problems:

Quote from: HSneak on February 19, 2019, 05:45:59 AM
While testing I found another thing, equipping an offhand weapon first then a primary one afterwards would make the offhand weapon disappear. Switching offhand weapons while dual-wielding would make the offhand weapon drop on ground.

Are you sure the weapon really disappeared, and wasn't just dropped on the ground? When you equip an offhand weapon first, and then a two-handed weapon in the primary hand, the pawn will drop the off-hand weapon to make place for the two-handed one.

Anyhow, it's something that certainly doesn't happen when just using Dual Wield and Simple Sidearms, so if this is really an issue, there must be a 3rd mod that's causing this.

Roolo

Another small update:
v1.0.6.
- Fixed issue involving cooldowns not working properly for weapons with long bursts like the LMG.

RunAndGun users weren't affected by this issue, that's why I went under my radar for so long. The issue was serious enough IMO to warrant another release.

HSneak

@Roolo

Quote"doing the same thing with another weapon ". The language here is a bit vague

I meant here that instead of switching to bare hands, I switched to another weapon which made the offhand weapon completely disappear (I tried 1 handed vanilla melee knife, a 1 handed modded pistol and even a tool from the mod Survival Tools, in all cases, the weapon disappeared).

QuoteAre you sure the weapon really disappeared, and wasn't just dropped on the ground? When you equip an offhand weapon first, and then a two-handed weapon in the primary hand, the pawn will drop the off-hand weapon to make place for the two-handed one.

Pretty sure this time, I looked in the "Mass Carried" by my pawn, which went down after a weapon disappear (logic) so it's not in his inventory (the Mass Carried doesn't change when I switch to bare hands, since the bug doesn't occur then). It's not on the ground, or anywhere near the pawn. BTW an important note, I didn't try with two handed weapons, only 1 handed "dual-wieldable" weapons.

To be clear here's a resumé of what I went through :

Case 1 :
- Pawn has no weapons at all.
- Pawn equips a 1 handed weapon on main hand.
- Pawn equips a 1 handed weapon on offhand.
- Switch to unarmed combat (bare hands) in SS UI.
- Main weapon is put back in the pawn inventory while offhand weapon is still equipped offhand (the weapon that went back to inventory is recognized as a sidearm by SS).
- Click on Bare hands icon again (SS UI).
- Offhand weapon is put back in the pawn inventory (that weapon is considered as "picked-up" by SS [stripped background in the UI]).

Case 2 :
- Pawn equips another 1 handed (or 2 handed) weapon as Sidearm or just pick up a weapon [not equipped as sidearm, so stripped background in SS UI]. (So he is dualwielding 2x1h weapons while having another weapon in his inventory for a total of 3 weapons).
- Switch to the 3rd weapon.
- Main hand weapon goes back to inventory while offhand weapon completely disappears (not in inventory, nor in the ground near pawn, he have 2 weapons now in his inventory).

Case 3 :
- Offhand weapon completely disappears.

Case 4 :
- Pawn equips another 1 handed weapon on offhand.
- The first offhand weapon drops on the ground, and the new one is equipped offhand.

That's what I've found for now, I'll keep you informed on any new thing I discover, and a big thx to you for trying to fix this :D