[1.0] Dual Wield - True dual wielding for any weapon (you allow)

Started by Roolo, January 17, 2019, 04:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: HSneak on February 19, 2019, 04:38:35 PM
@Roolo
[..]

Thanks for your elaborate post! I'm sure I couldn't reproduce Case 3, and I'm pretty sure I also tried the Case 2 sequence, but I'll try that another time just in case. Anyhow, case 3 already proves it must be a difference in between our test setups that causes different outcomes, and I suspect it's a mod. But just to be sure: are at least Simple Sidearms and Dual Wield updated to their latest version and are you running the latest version of Rimworld? Could you also provide your hugslib log by pressing ctrl+f12 and placing the link you'll get here? It'll contain your mod list and an overview of what code your mods patch, so that'll be useful when looking into the issue.

Roolo

I found out that the issue occurs when you use Pick up and haul, Simple sidearms, and Dual Wield together. So the 3rd mod in play was Pick up and haul. I found out by looking at someone's Hugslib log, and looking at what code was patched. This shows how important it is to provide logs when reporting issues, even when you don't get errors.

@HSneak. Could you confirm if you're indeed using Pick up and Haul? If you don't, then I'd still like to see your log. Otherwise it's not really necessary anymore.

HSneak

@Roolo

I'm sorry for the late answer, I was waiting to launch the game since it takes 1h20 to start, but I do use Pick up and haul yesh :D hope it helps.

I'll try to provide a hugslib log next time I happen to play, but I remember posting one before (1st messages) if it can help you, the issue was the same that time (here's the link from my old comment https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/6c8808f6c043ce2bfe71b023a9172ad6 ).

And I have latest version of your mod, SS and Rimworld (for the log I posted, your mod was 1.0.3 I think, SS was 1.3.2 (actual version) and I think the 2150 version of rimworld wasn't out yet, not sure though) Pick up and haul is v.1.0.5.

Roolo

Quote from: HSneak on February 21, 2019, 05:08:02 AM
@Roolo

I'm sorry for the late answer, I was waiting to launch the game since it takes 1h20 to start, but I do use Pick up and haul yesh :D hope it helps.

I'll try to provide a hugslib log next time I happen to play, but I remember posting one before (1st messages) if it can help you, the issue was the same that time (here's the link from my old comment https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/6c8808f6c043ce2bfe71b023a9172ad6 ).

And I have latest version of your mod, SS and Rimworld (for the log I posted, your mod was 1.0.3 I think, SS was 1.3.2 (actual version) and I think the 2150 version of rimworld wasn't out yet, not sure though) Pick up and haul is v.1.0.5.

Ok good to know. Sorry for asking for the log again. No need to get a new log. Now that the mystery seems to have been solved, there's nothing I need right now actually.

Thanks a lot for your help!

DiamondBorne

Would you consider adding new traits to go along with your mod? Something like Ambidextrous: +10% global work rat, no penalties from wielding offhand weapons. Or Armstrong: +10% mining +10% constructing, can dual wield twohanded weapons. These are for peoples who don't want to bother with mod options.

Roolo

Quote from: DiamondBorne on March 12, 2019, 02:51:02 AM
Would you consider adding new traits to go along with your mod? Something like Ambidextrous: +10% global work rat, no penalties from wielding offhand weapons. Or Armstrong: +10% mining +10% constructing, can dual wield twohanded weapons. These are for peoples who don't want to bother with mod options.

I did consider creating traits like that when creating the mod, but decided not to do it. Dual wielding for instance miniguns is fun for some players, but immersion breaking for others. For this reason, the mod has options so you can tailor it to your taste. By adding traits like the ones you suggest, the playerbase that enjoys a little more realism, may be confronted with things they didn't ask for like dual-wielded miniguns or even dual-wielded greatbows.

HSneak

@Roolo

Thought you went on vacation or something. Can we expect an update regarding compatibility with Pickup & Haul (the weapon disappearing problem) ? or it's quite impossible for now ?

Thx anyway :D

Roolo

Quote from: HSneak on March 14, 2019, 02:29:06 PM
@Roolo

Thought you went on vacation or something. Can we expect an update regarding compatibility with Pickup & Haul (the weapon disappearing problem) ? or it's quite impossible for now ?

Thx anyway :D

I wish I was on vacation, but it's quite the opposite. I've been quite busy, and the time I had for modding, I've mostly spent on an upcoming update for What the Hack!?.

I should have mentioned, but I tested Pick up and Haul with Simple Sidearms and Dual Wield a while ago, and found no issues at all. So the report of someone saying that the problem went away after removing Pick up and Haul on which I based myself before was either false, or there's yet ANOTHER mod in play.

After I found that out, I got a bit weary of hunting this ghost, and focused on What the Hack!? for the time being.

If I get new information, I'll definitely look into it again. Did you try disabling pick up and haul to see if the issue disappears for you after that?

DiamondBorne

Weapon disappearing bug using Pick up and Haul + Dual Wield? Didn't read what it's like but I might have something similar.

So I was using both mods + Simple Sidearms. I equip my colonist with dual lightsabers then I have him pick a laptop (count as a weapon). Later I noticed that my colonist is missing one of his lightsaber so I form an empty caravan then have him find and pick up another lightsaber in the map. Turns out my colonist dropped the damn thing under a lump of steel in my warehouse. That's why I can't find it anywhere near my base. I have this happened 2-3 times already. It seems some Simple Sidearms mod loadout setting could also causes pawn to automatically drop their weapons. I have to force them to equip a couple of times before it sticks.

tl;dr The weapon didn't actually disappear but the pawn is being a jerk and hide it behind other items, and it might not be Dual Wield that causes the problem.

Roolo

Quote from: DiamondBorne on March 15, 2019, 09:45:21 AM
Weapon disappearing bug using Pick up and Haul + Dual Wield? Didn't read what it's like but I might have something similar.

So I was using both mods + Simple Sidearms. I equip my colonist with dual lightsabers then I have him pick a laptop (count as a weapon). Later I noticed that my colonist is missing one of his lightsaber so I form an empty caravan then have him find and pick up another lightsaber in the map. Turns out my colonist dropped the damn thing under a lump of steel in my warehouse. That's why I can't find it anywhere near my base. I have this happened 2-3 times already. It seems some Simple Sidearms mod loadout setting could also causes pawn to automatically drop their weapons. I have to force them to equip a couple of times before it sticks.

tl;dr The weapon didn't actually disappear but the pawn is being a jerk and hide it behind other items, and it might not be Dual Wield that causes the problem.

Thanks for reporting, though that's unrelated to the issue reported by HSneak. For HSneak, weapons were actually disappearing. To me your problem seems like just vanilla behaviour. If your pawn was already dual wielding a weapon and you order it to equip another weapon (the laptop), it's expected that it drops one of the current weapons.

Roolo

Small update:
v1.0.7
- Added support for multiple weapons on one tile for the right click menu used for equipping off-hand weapons. This improves compatibility with mods like Deep Storage.

Credits go to LWM :)

Roolo

Update:
v1.0.8

- Added patching hook that other modders can use for configuring default settings for the weapons in their mods. Documentation can be found here: https://github.com/rheirman/DualWield/blob/master/README.md
- Updated Japanese translations (by Proxyer)

wolfsilver00

I've a problem.. When dualwielding a pistol and grenades, I cant just chug the grenade somewhere like usual, clicking on it and on the map.. This makes calculating the enemy movement for throwing grenades impossible.. Or throwing them in anticipation.. Pls help?

Roolo

Quote from: wolfsilver00 on July 05, 2019, 06:14:39 PM
I've a problem.. When dualwielding a pistol and grenades, I cant just chug the grenade somewhere like usual, clicking on it and on the map.. This makes calculating the enemy movement for throwing grenades impossible.. Or throwing them in anticipation.. Pls help?

Try putting the grenade in the main hand and the pistol in the off hand.

wolfsilver00

Quote from: Roolo on July 06, 2019, 03:08:12 AM
Quote from: wolfsilver00 on July 05, 2019, 06:14:39 PM

Try putting the grenade in the main hand and the pistol in the off hand.

That's what I did, molotov in main hand with a pistol on the other (Its a modded pistol, from rimfire, if that has any impact)