World Won't Generate, and I don't know which mod(s) are screwing everything up!

Started by Todd, January 18, 2019, 03:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

So I know for a fact that this problem is caused by one of the many mods I installed recently. I had a few mods before then, but I never got problems starting up the game. One night, I decided to install a lot of mods and the game just wouldn't start. It kept crashing at the "initializing" stage, so I removed some mods and rearranged the load order. Now it would finally load, great! I got a debug message at the beginning but I'm sorta new to this game so I just shrugged it off as I started up a new game. I got to the world generating part and it kept sending me back to the menu.

I know for sure its a mod or more than one that's causing the game to not function correctly. Thing is, I don't know which one it could be! Here's everything I could provide so maybe someone more experienced in this could help me.

Edit: Now the game won't even start anymore, again because I rearranged the mod list (which is what's in the file now.) I've reinstalled the game, so I know that won't work. And I know for sure it's a mod because when I run steam offline, the game starts up totally fine!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Mehni

First step: do a file integrity check.

After that: Core, HugsLib, JecsTools, Human Alien Races framework, Giddy-Up Core should be the rough load order for the first few mods.

Todd

Thanks, that seemed to have done the trick. I'm still getting debug logs at the menu but at least I can get into the menu now. Maybe I just need to rearrange more of the mods better?

Canute

Mosttimes the rearrangment of the mod load order don't help.
You only need to load nessesary mods before the mod they need it.

If you followed that, and still got error's after Rimworld starts, it is either a mod itself which cause it, or a modconflict with other mods.
When you add mods, you should do that at smaller batches and watch the log for error's.
Then try to get updates of that mod or ask at the mod topic about them.
Better to avoid a mod that cause error's even before you create a game then to risk that you get a critical error later that might corrupt your colony.

You still can post a new logfile so people can take a look.
Since you use hugslib too, use the green button "Share logs".