[MOD REQUEST] Attack Animals/ Send to Search & Destroy Remotely

Started by Ophaq, November 29, 2018, 05:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ophaq

I am looking for a mod with a function where animals don't need to be near their master to attack distant targets. I am having trouble finding a mod that does that as I'm making a megaspider colony with the rimjobworld mod and I want the hive queen to be able to let her zerglings "search and destroy" distant targets without her being there. Assigning over 200 megaspiders to a single melee or range colonist would be quite tedious and it still doesn't get the best results with how animals currently function.

For example, if I have a ship crash and bunch of robots spawn from it, I have to create an area for the spiders to go to and wait for them to be attacked. And they will only attack one by one unless a bunch are hit by an AoE attack. This makes you lose a ton of DPS potential and ruins what a zerg rush is like as all of the megaspiders should attack on site instead of having to wait and only attack one by one if attacked at all. When it's night they go to sleep and ignore the enemies too which makes them useless. Why can't I have my animals guard the colonists properly?

Basically, this mod should function where we can have the option to change the animal AI to automatically detect and attack any hostile enemy near them and attack immedietely (maybe only when the animal is trained and the colonist is drafted) within a specified radius/line of sight the animal has. So all you would have to do is draft the colonist at your base, check the option to draft/send out animals, create the zone for the animals to go and the animals would automatically attack hostiles without their master there and without having to wait to be attacked first. This would make animals so much more viable and fix them as proper guard animals. It's like sending out trained attack dogs on a distant enemy and telling them to "sick them".

If anyone can make a mod like this, I will love you forever. I don't know if it will be super difficult to implement but considering a lot of other mods out there in my list of over 200 mods, I feel that this mod would be really easy to implement. I don't understand how this isn't in the vanilla game, unless it was done purposely for perhaps balance purposes. Either way, trained animals feel useless to me unless you're risking a pawn and in a game where you have extremely strong factions, sending out your pawn with the animals is pure suicide, especially late game.

aRandomKiwi