Do you realize this is piracy heaven?

Started by ManHuntingSquirrel, January 20, 2019, 07:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManHuntingSquirrel

You have mods for previous versions,pirate versions don't update!!!
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Kirby23590

I don't think this belongs to this part of the forums...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Ramsis

Guess the real question is why do you care Squirrel?
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

5thHorseman

Quote from: Ramsis on January 20, 2019, 08:51:04 AM
Guess the real question is why do you care Squirrel?

I'd like to think it's at worst enlightened self interest. Toleration of piracy could dissuade the devs from continuing a game they feel isn't making them enough money.

I don't agree with the conclusion myself, but my thoughts wouldn't stop the devs from thinking differently.

As to the impetus, I assume it's that there's currently an active thread where people are suggesting mods to someone who blatantly admitted to pirating the game.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47826.msg451630#msg451630

if the link doesn't work, that's because my reporting of the thread caused its deletion.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kirby23590

True, but also this topic is kinda Breaking Rule 9
No piracy: No posting of game pirate links or material. No discussions of game piracy.

I would actually would lost interesting of continuing of updating the game if i was a Game Developer or even making a sequel for it...

However the Old mods for older versions could be for some modder to pick up to make it for 1.0 or at least get some of it's surviving code and for those who want to still play em with the older version since i have Steam and can go back to A13 or B19 if i wish to or A16 to try out MarsX Overhaul since it's an interesting mod set in Mars and more focused in building a space colony and managing it rather than defend it from Space Pirate or Mechanoids since they do not exist in that mod because it changes the game completely and you're fighting for Oxygen since it's set in planet doesn't even have oxygen or soil...

So this Topic should be locked or deleted since it's talking about Piracy and breaking rule 9... Sorry... :(

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.