[1.3] Ammo Tweaks for CE

Started by Sladki, January 20, 2019, 03:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sladki

Quote from: Mersid on February 10, 2019, 01:43:42 PM
Just to confirm, even with this mod, the loading bench is the primary method to make ammo, right?
Yeah.

Try out this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3vxdykpvtl428q/AmmoTweaksCEDebug.zip?dl=1
Make active Development mode in game settings, enable Debug mode in the mod settings. Restart the game and harmony.log.txt should appear on the desktop. Upload it on pastebin or send content via pm, please.

Are you using any other mods?

Mersid

I tried following your instructions, but no logs were placed on the desktop. The closest I can do is the HugsLib log at https://git.io/fhQan. Quick testing shows that of those mods, at least Advanced Biomes and one or more other mods cause the issue. I do not know why.

Sladki

Quote from: Mersid on February 12, 2019, 12:44:23 AM
I tried following your instructions, but no logs were placed on the desktop. The closest I can do is the HugsLib log at https://git.io/fhQan. Quick testing shows that of those mods, at least Advanced Biomes and one or more other mods cause the issue. I do not know why.
The log is enough: some mod that adds "PoisonDeer", not sure what it is, has a error or conflict with Combat Extended (Bounds Injector). That prevents execution of the tweak (and can cause CE errors). I can find another way to apply the tweak or you can disable the conflicting mod. You can also tell an author of the mod about the error:

Exception from long event: System.Exception: PoisonDeer.lifeStages[0].dessicatedBodyGraphicData ---> System.Exception: BoundMap(,) ---> System.Exception: CombatExtended :: CropVertical error while cropping Textures/Things/Pawn/Animal/Dessicated/CritterDessicatedMedium_side ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.ExtractBounds (Verse.Graphic graphic, GraphicType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.ExtractBounds (Verse.Graphic graphic, GraphicType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.BoundMap (Verse.Graphic graphic, GraphicType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.BoundMap (Verse.Graphic,CombatExtended.BoundsInjector/GraphicType) <0x0013a>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.Inject_Patch1 () <0x0070a>

at (wrapper dynamic-method) CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.Inject_Patch1 () <0x00904>
at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (bool&) <0x0006b>

Mersid

Yep. Turns out it was only Advanced Biomes. It had the poison deer. Is there a particular reason that the poison deer conflicts? It's an unlikely combination... but great work on the mod nonetheless!

Sladki

Quote from: Mersid on February 12, 2019, 03:26:22 AM
Is there a particular reason that the poison deer conflicts?
Combat Extended can't get or process some texture.

makute

Hi Sladki, I know is a shot in the dark, but I'm having a problem very similar to Mersid: can't get the modified ammo recipes to work.

This is the log: https://gist.github.com/368470ed29fdb174bfc2f48c1a87f431

Thanks a lot.

Frydendahl

It seems the latest 1.6 update of CE broke this mod for me. I only see the chemfuel requirements on a few ammo types now instead of all. The armor system was changed, so I'm guessing some of the ammo definitions were also changed.

makute

Read my previous post. That happened before the new version of CE too, so maybe there is another mod at fault here, but we don't have an answer yet.

Frydendahl

Quote from: makute on November 02, 2019, 12:02:31 PM
Read my previous post. That happened before the new version of CE too, so maybe there is another mod at fault here, but we don't have an answer yet.

Ok, the mod was working perfectly fine for me before the update to CE however.

makute

Well, this doesn't looks good then. It's obvious we need @Sladki to shed some light on this issue, but his last post is from April, so...

Sladki

Quote from: makute on October 10, 2019, 08:32:52 AM
Hi Sladki, I know is a shot in the dark, but I'm having a problem bery similar to Mersid: can't get the modified ammo recipes to work.

This is the log: https://gist.github.com/368470ed29fdb174bfc2f48c1a87f431

Thanks a lot.
Yeah, I will investigate.

Sladki

Quote from: makute on November 02, 2019, 01:04:56 PM
Quote from: Frydendahl on November 02, 2019, 12:56:16 PM
Try out new version please.
I don't know what the problem was, but all I had to do is just to recompile the mod.

Penchekrak

Sladki, may I ask you to post this mod on Steam Workshop? Like the idea of the mod and want to include it tomod collection to share with others. If you do not want to mess with Steam Workshop, I want to ask your permission to do that myself with proper credits, of course.

Sladki

Quote from: Penchekrak on November 05, 2019, 09:31:22 AMSladki, may I ask you to post this mod on Steam Workshop?
I don't have a copy of the game on Steam, so I have no access to the Workshop.

Quote from: Penchekrak on November 05, 2019, 09:31:22 AMI want to ask your permission to do that myself with proper credits, of course.
Yeah, it would be cool.

Frydendahl

Awesome, I will give a try through the workshop as well.