[1.3] Ammo Tweaks for CE

Started by Sladki, January 20, 2019, 03:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruPal

Hi, Sladki. Just wanna ask are you still here and plan to update this great mod for compatibility with CE 1.1 (which is in beta stage of development and is available on github https://github.com/CombatExtendedRWMod/CombatExtended/tree/zhrocks11Dev).

dahbakon

i absoloutely love your mods, eagerly awaiting the 1.1 update!

rotnub

Not sure if the mod is still maintained but it seems it stopped working in 1.2, really need this mod, hope it can be updated!

Sladki

Quote from: rotnub on January 17, 2021, 11:10:15 AM
Not sure if the mod is still maintained but it seems it stopped working in 1.2, really need this mod, hope it can be updated!
I'll try to update this week.

rotnub

thanks in advance, Сладкий! hope it wont be too much of a hassle. I really dont get pricing and craft balance in CE, I think your system should be default in that mod.

wedgebert

Is there anything that can be done about 12x64mm Charged cartridges? Mechs seem to carry crazy amounts (especially centipedes who drop 1,000 of them) and they're worth $12 each even with this mod installed.

Disabling "Ammo is a currency" lets the price fall from an adjusted $11 per cartridge to about $7.50 but that still seems way to high since I have 7,000 of them. Also seems backwards since the tooltip says that having it enabled means no minimum price, but all my ammo prices are lower with it turned off.

Sladki

Quote from: wedgebert on January 25, 2021, 01:56:53 PM
Is there anything that can be done about 12x64mm Charged cartridges? Mechs seem to carry crazy amounts (especially centipedes who drop 1,000 of them) and they're worth $12 each even with this mod installed.
Do mechanoids ammo has use? If not a solution could be changing market values in defs.

wedgebert

I'm not sure if they have a use. I tried lowering the market value from its default setting of 1.35 to 0.01 and after restarting the game, there was no change in the price. The name of the ammo did change though, I put an ! on the end to make sure I was editing the correct file.

Sladki

Quote from: wedgebert on January 26, 2021, 01:36:54 PM
I'm not sure if they have a use. I tried lowering the market value from its default setting of 1.35 to 0.01 and after restarting the game, there was no change in the price. The name of the ammo did change though, I put an ! on the end to make sure I was editing the correct file.
That's odd. My mod only recalculates market value of ammo that have recipe. Do you have any mods installed that make 12x64mm Charged craftable? You can check do the ammo has recipe by enabling debug mode in the mod settings, restarting the game after that and looking for "MakeAmmo_12x64mm" in console or harmony.log.txt on your desktop.

wrathofdog

Latest update of CE seems to be overwriting this mod's changes, at least for ammo recipes!

Sladki

Quote from: wrathofdog on February 02, 2021, 02:23:34 PM
Latest update of CE seems to be overwriting this mod's changes, at least for ammo recipes!
CE 3.5? Works fine for me.

wrathofdog

Really?  Huh.  My ammo recipes are suddenly back to being for lots of 500 and not requiring chemfuel.  I'm using a Steam workshop version of your mod, though; I wonder if that's why (though it should be up-to-date). 

Canute

Do you use other mods too ?
Maybe try out a minimal modlist with just CE ,Ammo tweaks and maybe WikiRim (to see recipes at the help).
Then start a new colony and check the recipes and stats of the ammo.