[1.1] No Job Authors (remake of Finish The Damn Thing)

Started by Transcend, January 21, 2019, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on March 08, 2019, 05:30:02 PM
If you select a job to be worked by only one person, then only that person will do that job. If the job is set to "everyone" then everyone can work on the same project, without making 10 different unfinished products.
Thx for the reply. Then this mod really comes in handy :).

EDIT:
After trying I can tell it works. But with one minor bug.
If you set only one colonist to work on a certain object (certain bill) this colonist only will work on it (so far so good).
But the description still says 'Autor: Everyone' (although I checked, only the chosen colonist works on it, it's forbidden for the others).
So it's just a label bug, nothing important as long as it works ;).

kora

Hey.

Your mod is throwing errors as you are still using the older version tag. You just need to do the following:

<targetVersion> in mod About.xml is deprecated! Use <supportedVersions> tag instead. (example: <supportedVersions><li>1.0</li></supportedVersions>)

Thank you for this awesome mod. I hope it can be added to steam one day.

Anduin1357

Does this mod respect crafting skill gates so that no random pawn can just pick them up and craft me an awful without my consent?
Also, is the unfinished items still tied to one workbench only or can it be worked on by any other similar workbenches?

Lupin III

Finally! I had a pawn work on an "advanced bionic leg" and an "exoskeleton suit", being rudly interrupted by a raid and get shot dead. Now I have those freaking expensive half finished things lying around, that none will touch.

Quote from: Anduin1357 on April 04, 2019, 08:51:58 PM
Does this mod respect crafting skill gates so that no random pawn can just pick them up and craft me an awful without my consent?
As far as I understand it (haven't tried the mod yet), all the restrictions of the workbench/bill still apply. I guess that is how the game works in vanilla anyway.
I should try that (without this mod), but if you change the skill gate on a bill while the item is half finished above the skill of whoever is working on that item, even in vanilla RW the item should no longer finish.

jpnm92

zParticle

Thanks for this! It finally addresses a longstanding problem with waste/micromanagement in a mature base. Fixing the huge collection of unfinished jobs and letting us just have one job per item on a particular bench more than makes up for any compromises this makes.

Here it is on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2009825774

Jellypowered

Quote from: zParticle on August 06, 2020, 10:43:42 PM
Thanks for this! It finally addresses a longstanding problem with waste/micromanagement in a mature base. Fixing the huge collection of unfinished jobs and letting us just have one job per item on a particular bench more than makes up for any compromises this makes.

Here it is on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2009825774
Updated for 1.3 on the workshop. Link a couple posts above is still valid.