[1.0] automatic Rimworld mod sorter

Started by Madeline, January 26, 2019, 05:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeline

Quote from: Trentennisfigati on February 09, 2019, 08:10:39 PM
Ok, last version works fine for me.
How can we contribute to your list? Is it only for modders?

use my tool included in zip file.
go to  template_updater folder. and run .bat file.
it will scan your workshop/local mod and compare with the DB, and collect mods that not registered in DB.
you can see order rules and tutorials in Github.
when you finish your work, a new template file will be saved in your desktop folder. send it to me.

Trentennisfigati

the updater has the same issue as the previous version for the non-steam version, the name of the exe is different

Madeline

Quote from: Trentennisfigati on February 11, 2019, 09:55:18 AM
the updater has the same issue as the previous version for the non-steam version, the name of the exe is different

https://github.com/zzzz465/Rimworld-automatic-mod-sorter/releases/tag/v0.43
here, I fixed that problem.

Trentennisfigati

thanks! I think passing a mod with P when you're not sure isnt working thou.

edit: seems to work with S

PS

no slot for adding races mod?

Seipherwood

Using 0.43 and its not creating the file after i spend forever having to manually adjust mods.
Also, not entirely sure what im suppose to be putting for them, i ended up doing 14 for 95% of em cause idk.

AlanAlva

What is error occur! mean ? is incompatible mods or something ?

Madeline

Quote from: AlanAlva on February 17, 2019, 01:28:36 AM
What is error occur! mean ? is incompatible mods or something ?

it will happen if any mod is not in your workshop/local mod folder but it is on the mod config list.
the program read your config file and try to add mod through your workshop/local mod folder. but if the program can't find actual mod file, and it raise a error.

I think you should remove your config file, and start rimworld to make a fresh config file.

PreDiabetic

wait what? Even my mod is there hahaha, that's a good program, I hope you can improve that overtime.

jpnm92

Quoteyou can found it from Github
find

E-102

Amazing tool mad props to you guys!!

fledermaus

Hi Madeline. Thank you for this very useful tool!

I have a lot of mods that don't get sorted so I was using the Template Updater and following the directions on GitHub, but I am confused by this part:
Quote14~15. item/terrain/object/simple mod like add animals. 15. simple mod or mods that don't modify mod many.

15~16. mod that affact AI behavior example: haul to stack, while you're up

15 is used for 2 different categories? Simple mods and AI mods? Is this a typo?
For my own use I can create my own convention, but if this is for a public database I would appreciate some guidance on how you would like these categories handled.
Thanks again for such a useful utility.

Madeline

Quote from: fledermaus on March 17, 2019, 08:34:53 PM
Hi Madeline. Thank you for this very useful tool!

I have a lot of mods that don't get sorted so I was using the Template Updater and following the directions on GitHub, but I am confused by this part:
Quote14~15. item/terrain/object/simple mod like add animals. 15. simple mod or mods that don't modify mod many.

15~16. mod that affact AI behavior example: haul to stack, while you're up

15 is used for 2 different categories? Simple mods and AI mods? Is this a typo?
For my own use I can create my own convention, but if this is for a public database I would appreciate some guidance on how you would like these categories handled.
Thanks again for such a useful utility.

yeah cuz actually mods that goes to "simple mods or don't modify ~~~~" can go anywhere. it really doesn't conflict with others. so I just give number 14~15 for DB rule. I think that should be changed to 14~14.9

makute

Version 0.52 searches by default on steam workshop, is ther a way to make it look for mods in a different folder?

Canute

I don't think you can get a path to the DRM-free installation that is stored somewhere in the registry.
So you need to do a prompt for the Rimworld installation if you don't detect a steam installation.

makute

But it worked a couple versions ago. The app looked for the steam workshop first and for a different folder later.