[1.0] Simple Slavery

Started by Ziehn, January 26, 2019, 12:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fledermaus

ertzuiop

So i started using the zap collar (electrical slave collars) and it works all good, but there is some kind of "bug"?
Everytime i zap an escaping slave all or at least one pet animal starts to flee in panic... until it leaves the map to never be seen.
Lost some good pets like this.

Flimflamshabam

i had missed this mod in the awkward period when the game went into B19

KozmoD

So I have a question, when slaves try to escape what should I do? Beat them to down, or try to arrest?
Also, If I capture a Slave, the game doesnt seem them as Prisioners, but also I cant control them. Still can Emancipate, and if I do, they leave.
Im kinda lost to be honest.

LiteEmUp

so in steam workshop it says this mod seems incompatible with cthulu cults...

also +1 to have slave beds... why can't slaves instead be "considered" as prisoners, so they get to sleep on the prisoner beds instead of colony beds

Ziehn

Quote from: ertzuiop on March 18, 2019, 07:40:18 PM
So i started using the zap collar (electrical slave collars) and it works all good, but there is some kind of "bug"?
Everytime i zap an escaping slave all or at least one pet animal starts to flee in panic... until it leaves the map to never be seen.
Lost some good pets like this.
Sorry for the late reply. I tried to replicate this but the two test animals I used were completely fine, any other details you can remember?

Quote from: KozmoD on March 27, 2019, 03:41:08 PM
So I have a question, when slaves try to escape what should I do? Beat them to down, or try to arrest?
Also, If I capture a Slave, the game doesnt seem them as Prisioners, but also I cant control them. Still can Emancipate, and if I do, they leave.
Im kinda lost to be honest.
Try to arrest, if they go berserk beat them to down. They will stay in prison for a short while and automatically rejoin your colony.

Quote from: LiteEmUp on March 27, 2019, 04:47:08 PM
so in steam workshop it says this mod seems incompatible with cthulu cults...

also +1 to have slave beds... why can't slaves instead be "considered" as prisoners, so they get to sleep on the prisoner beds instead of colony beds
No issues with Cults mod in the 1+ year I've used this mod, if you do experience any issues feel free to send me the full log. We do intend on adding slave beds or similar, no ETA on when however.

KozmoD

ertzuiop

Quote from: Ziehn on March 27, 2019, 04:55:36 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I tried to replicate this but the two test animals I used were completely fine, any other details you can remember?

There was interaction with the pet i think. Right before the prisoner starts to escape, they rode on pets (Giddy-Up mod).
Zapped the prisoner and sometimes pets getting the mental state: flee in panic.

Have to add i play a 200+ mod game.
So guess its mod conflict? Should i push this up the list?

Another question: how can i recruit enslaved prisoners? I dont see any option for this.

Ziehn

Quote from: ertzuiop on March 28, 2019, 05:00:39 AM
There was interaction with the pet i think. Right before the prisoner starts to escape, they rode on pets (Giddy-Up mod).
Zapped the prisoner and sometimes pets getting the mental state: flee in panic.

Have to add i play a 200+ mod game.
So guess its mod conflict? Should i push this up the list?

Another question: how can i recruit enslaved prisoners? I dont see any option for this.
What I think is happening is if they try to escape while riding an animal it also sets the animals faction to the escapees faction, I'd restrict any slaves from using the animals at least until their willpower is broken (Shown as the Stockholm Syndrome thought). Don't think there is an easy way to fix this from this mod as the Flee Mental break is added to animals from Giddy Up.

To recruit them you must Emancipate them first, doing so in a prison cell will not set them automatically to release.

ertzuiop

The funny thing is, i noticed that now its always and mostly the same 2 pets that starts fleeing, but after 5-10 sec. Even without immidiate interaction with escapees. Those 2 pets had that flee state previously, and i had to do a workaround to forbid them exiting the map. Broke the mental state with "damage to legs/damage to down" then "restore body parts" (dev mode).
Its like they need to catch up to flee the map everytime a slave tries to escape.
But lets say they do this often, after the escape event. With that solution its not a big deal anymore.

Regarding recruitment of slaves, when emancipating in prisons, do they become regular prisoners again and recruitment option is available?
And how do i get them into a prison, just arrest them or wait until escape try? 

Ziehn

Quote from: ertzuiop on March 28, 2019, 09:40:52 PM
Regarding recruitment of slaves, when emancipating in prisons, do they become regular prisoners again and recruitment option is available?
And how do i get them into a prison, just arrest them or wait until escape try?

Just draft them into the prison then emancipate, they will become regular prisoners then recruit as normal.

xRg

Made a translation of this mod: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11yRFNJZn2BUyg5tviINyznMR-zY1Q75a

@Ziehn, may be useful to add simple way to recruit slaves.

Ziehn

Quote from: xRg on March 29, 2019, 05:37:07 AM
Made a translation of this mod: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11yRFNJZn2BUyg5tviINyznMR-zY1Q75a

@Ziehn, may be useful to add simple way to recruit slaves.
They should join on emancipation if their willpower is 0. Added the translation, thank you  ;D

togfox

if I have slaves I want to keep as slaves I'll set them to reduce their resistance. It's good practice for the wardens and brings their resistance to zero permanently - which gives you more options in the future.

Kanareika1

Is versions with explosive/shock collars are compatible with Combat Extended?