[1.0] Very long loading times (30 min.) with mods

Started by MoistWizard, January 28, 2019, 07:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoistWizard

Hello there. I have an issue with the game taking quite long on launch. I have a huge list of mods and do not doubt that it would very much affect the loading even in 1.0, but 30 minutes seems very excessive compared to many other users' report with bigger lists than I have (often individually heavier ones too). I got the verbose output log if you can care to take a look. I tried decrypting it myself and according to what I found, my loading times should be approx. 11 minutes if I convert the millisecond values, so I'm not sure if I'm being stupid or there's something else that's fucky.

Edit: I did a bit of searching on reddit and a recent reply on a thread suggests getting rid of ADS and Research Pal... Will update soon to see if it improves somehow
Edit again: 16 minutes tops. So practically half of the load time. I still think there are more issues to solve to make it slightly load faster but if anyone is having similar load time problems, consider removing mentioned mods.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

It's not really a bug, it's largely stuff mods are doing. We also improved load times a lot on our end. So I'll close this since it's been addressed. Thanks for reporting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog