"Preferred player-created characters" are not spawning

Started by Vakari, January 30, 2019, 09:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vakari

EDIT 2:  As of 3/27/19:  I finally see my characters!  Thank you to both Michael and Tynan for contacting me.  I'm honestly blown away.

So, there was nothing for my grand fix, that I hadn't tried before.  With and without mods.

However, I decided to completely uninstall RimWorld, even to deleting the folders, and reinstalled fresh.  (Since my install was an update from Steam, on an older version.)

I then tried starting another new game with no mods, and this time, I was able to see my first character within moments of randomizing!  I didn't get the other character like that, but I went ahead and started a game, and, using the developer tools, was able to spawn a world pawn, and she was there.  I am so happy, I cannot stop smiling. 

So, if anyone runs into this issue, maybe a file just didn't get updated somewhere.  That is all I can think that it was. 

So, please consider this bug closed.

EDIT:  I found another poster where they are getting multiple characters of the same person:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47602.0
That character has a [ B ] in the name. 
Not sure its related, but it seems like it is.

Hello

I've been playing for weeks, ever since the 1.0 release and have had multiple colonies.  I've tried with and without mods.  I cannot get either of my characters to spawn, even though I have the "Preferred player-created characters" selected in options.  I have "Randomized" and added by the "Prepare Carefully" mod, literally over two-thousand characters.  They never show up, even though I get duplicates.

My characters are marked with [N].  I did see a post where this was a bug, for those with [ B ] in the name.  Maybe this was impacted by that change?  Or, its just a new bug.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46833.msg444850#msg444850

Further information: I get multiple repeats in the same game of certain characters.  For example:  Derrial Shepard Book.  This has a [PK] in the name.

I'm logging this as a bug, in hopes that I can get some assistance.  Even if someone can simply point me to the file where these characters are stored, so that I can verify they are at least included, would be appreciated.

Finally, is there any way to increase the spawning probability?

Thank you!

Vakari

Literally MONTHS later and I have yet to see either character in game.  This is either badly broken, or my characters are not in the released version.  I'm posting here in order to receive help, but have not had a single response.  Is the the correct place for this?  If not, would someone please point me to where I can get a reply?  I just want to know if someone is looking into this bug.  Feels like I wasted money/got ripped off adding characters at this point.

Thank you for any help.

Vakari

This is still not working.  I have NEVER seen either of my characters in any of my games.  Please respond on where I need to post to get some help.

Thank you!

Vakari

As of today, I have NEVER SEEN MY CHARACTERS in game.  No replies on these forums.  I've emailed the support email, so maybe I can get help that way, but *bump* if anyone is reading this thread.