Caravan pawns get immediate hypothermia even in muffalo parkas

Started by mcduff, January 29, 2019, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcduff

Has anyone else encountered this? I sent some pawns out on a caravan mission and they immediately got soaking wet, came down with hypothermia and frostbite. They were all wrapped up warm and their minimum safe temperature was well below what it was.

Is this behaviour that anyone has noticed in vanilla or should I start unloading mods to see where the bug is?

Canute

"Soaking wet" sound's like a mod you use.
Maybe you should ask at that mod discussion about it.

Kori

Soaking wet is vanilla. ;)

Canute

You can get Soaking wet from snow and ice ?
Since i like to play at perma frozen map's i never encounter such a problem.

Shurp

If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Yoshida Keiji

The Opening Post is incomplete... Muffalo parkas...of muffalo leather or muffalo wool?

mcduff

Muffalo wool.

I think it was to do with there being a Cold Snap on. Since then I haven't send out caravans during cold snaps and haven't had the issues. Still, it felt a bit overwhelming because they should all have been well within their comfortable temperature range. Oh well.

Kirby23590

This honestly sounds like a bug...

Your guys can survive a Cold Snap in the colony with Muffalo Wool Parkas while wearing Tuques which would be the same material or different one as well...

But in Caravaning they get Hypothermia even while wearing them...

You should post this to the Bug Forum section so that the devs will know that, and will make an hotfix on this...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Canute

The problem is, since he use mod's he can't verify it is a vanilla bug.
So a report at the bug forum is pointless until you can reproduce it with vanilla gameplay.

Zaltys

What else are they wearing?
There's plenty of older mods (some of them major ones) that forgot to update the Insulation_Cold values when converting to 1.0.

Used to be that negative values were good, but that got flipped around. So instead of protecting from cold, the apparel with old values makes pawns more susceptible to it. To the point where they can suffer from hypothermia in desert.

If you have a text editor that can search whole directories (such as Notepad++), try searching your mod directory for this string: insulation_cold>-. If you get any results, those are almost certainly broken (unless it's something that's actually intended to make pawns more vulnerable to cold).