[2D Art] Offering freelance artwork for modders that aren't into 2D Art

Started by PigeonMAN, February 02, 2019, 05:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PigeonMAN

I'm a long time Voxel artist with over 1000+ hours in Qubicle. I'm looking to expand my understanding for Game Art by moving into 2D art Using Aseprite primarily. I'm posting this as I'm looking to help Modders who aren't into the art side of Modding to make their Creations come to life in Rimworld. I'm willing to take on small projects from single armor outfits to full blown overhauls. As I move forward with requests and or my own creations of the work I have done they will be posted here. If you have any request please feel free to drop a post in this topic. Thanks!

Please keep in mind I'm on the newer side of 2D art and I wish to grow my skill some art may not be the best and I'm open to constructive feed back on the requests I do. However over time I'm sure I will become very efficent as I am with Voxel Art.
Willing to do 2d Art Requests for practice in 2d Artwork.

LWM

Do you have any mods you would like to see happen?  Mods that require artwork?

--LWM

PigeonMAN

Currently I have few side personal side projects I'm doing in Rimworld for my own enjoyment. "Rimworld to Borderlands conversion" I'm not sure what one I will fully run with in the end. In terms of projects I'm really down for anything if you are looking for a side artist for anything.

PigeonMAN

If anyone is wondering about what some of my 2d art quality this is all I have under my belt since I started about 2 days ago. Theses are drafts of somethings I'm currently working on. These are from the Borderlands Universe "For my own personal use mod".

LWM

My hat is off to you (and not just because of the game option setting).  I tried my hand at simple art, and my meager skills made it very difficult work.  I was thinking that if you had mods you would particularly like to see done that required non-art work, that you and another person would perhaps work together and thus be compensated for your time.  V nice.

PigeonMAN

Thanks for the positive feedback. Yeah I'm mainly looking to do the art side of a mod I have done a full mod overhaul myself for a game called stonehearth which is where I learned Voxel art. Spent a good 2 years on assets and scripting. In the end I never released the mod I got so overwhelmed with doing everything solo and wanted everything to be fully done before I released it. Which in the end It never came to light due after 1000s of hours and 2 to 3 years of work I couldn't do it anymore. A plus for the mod I learnt how to script, 2d GUI art, Animate and how to do Voxel art.

However making a mod taught me so much about Voxel art as I could get my Art assets in a game and working without having to worry about coding and many other things that come with game development while I practice my skill. So I thought I would do the same but offer my newbie skills to someone not willing to do the art side.

Don't want to go to off topic however if anyone wishes to know about a game a modded to show I somewhat understand game artstyle modding heres some of my work from previous mod for that game. https://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/bringing-the-elder-scrolls-to-stonehearth-mod/37703

Jaxxa

Hey If you would be willing to I would appreciate help with the Art side of one of my mods: ED-Prometheus

So far I have been more focused on the coding and so a large chunk of it is still placeholder art. And even when I have time to do art it is not that great.
Feel free to shoot me a PM to discuss it further if you are interested.

The13thRonin

If you're willing, I need help creating art assets for an overhaul I'm working on. I'm often on the Discord.

Pelador

I would appreciate a review and revision of the following simple apparel mod if it is of interest to you:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1609492870

Two Gilet items, so two full apparel sets of body warmers. (Note it has complete timeline coverage as is, so revisions as per existing definitions would have to cover the complete tech timeline. But I'd be willing to compose extra definitions if you were enthused to add extra tech level options.