my one request: half walls

Started by Azuchisamurai, May 08, 2019, 08:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azuchisamurai

i like building pill boxes for defenses to give my survivors some stornger defenses but the problem is the front is completely open because there are no half walls or windows or arrow slits available to build ingame.

stuff like this would really round out non powdered defenses nicely and give you much more options (and weaknesses)

i.e

half walls - can be climbed over with some difficulty but leaves you open if you do so, can be fired over, can be crouched at for half cover

window - lets natural light in and can be opened t let air in/out, can also be fired out of but must be opened first to avoid brekaing the window, simmilar weakness to half walls

arrow slits/loopholes - medieval style alcoves built into walls to allow archers cover and an opening to fire out at invading forces while retaining maximum cover, can be used with small arms but not turrets explosives or large calibur guns, weakness: much easier for sappers to mine through

i imagine the loopholes might need researching as might windows

Limdood

windows and arrow slits, from a combat perspective, have been around pretty much forever in countless mods.  The word you're looking for to search it up is "embrasure/embrasures"  - basically a tile that is impassable, gives cover, and can be shot through.

However, given that a rather huge number of mods have been implemented as vanilla features, but embrasures HAVEN'T, despite the ease of coding them in, it seems unlikely they will ever become vanilla features of Rimworld, and that if you want them, you'll have to use a mod to get them.

As far as your half walls go....a tile that is passable but slows movement, provides cover, and can be shot through....that's just sandbags.  Already in the game.

Kirby23590

There has been a lot of mods...

And they are called Embrasures and i have seen a lot of them... They all do the job and the bill... Of making garrisons and bunkers being times better than the good old sandbags... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

LWM

"Sandbags" may be vanilla's answer to your request...