[1.0] Expanded Rims (updated 07/06/2019) - new research tier, enemies, storyline

Started by Nales, February 03, 2019, 03:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

I notice the Demolisher can be hacked with What the Hack?! but afterward it is unable to go to a platform and thus forever stay on the ground powerless. Nothing you can do about it except shut it down.

Harbinger and Reaper works fine though.

tsmt1001

I found that bioattack don't affect pawns in crypto caskets. So since I like oversized colonies and run wirh children pack, I built a bunch of crypto caskets and as soon as the attack hit, sent all straight pawns in relationships into crypto sleep, so that they repopulate once the attack is over.  This way I didn't sustain as many losses, especially in the second bioattack.

Rellicus

EDIT: I fixed this problem by changing the mod to load near the top of the load order and restarted the game

Any time I try to build any type of added building, the construction will complete, consume the resources, and then building completed disappears. Here's an error log, I've tried using a colonist and a robot...

Message logging is now once again on.
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ResetMessageCount()
Verse.Log:Clear()
Verse.EditWindow_Log:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn OmniBot 17 driver=_JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(FinishFrame (Job_1483512) A=Thing_Frame_RWE_ImprovedMultiAnalyzer552010) lastJobGiver=AIRobot.X2_JobGiver_Work
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type) <0x00095>
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type,bool) <0x00027>
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type) <0x0001e>
at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.ThingDef) <0x0035e>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Frame.CompleteConstruction_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn) <0x00325>
at RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame/<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator0/<MakeNewToils>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__1 () <0x00396>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch1 (object) <0x004c8>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch2(Object)
AIRobot.X2_AIRobot:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Nales

I just released a large patch that fixes a lot of stuff (including the frozen storyline) and adds much more.

- Fixed Watcher storyline being sometimes stuck due to not triggering the outpost raid
- New tier of insectoids. Face the swarming and uber-fast swiftscarabs, the turret-proof Jamopede, and the dreaded "one-hit beheader" Ultraspider!
- New threat involving animals. Think multi-colored animals would be fun? Not in this case.
- Added Jammer belts, worn by some foes, causing turrets to ignore them and vice-versa
- Added a new tier of pirates, and saboteur foes, who always use Jammer belts and specialize in disabling or destroying turrets
- Two new turrets : Shock Turret does heavy damage to mechanoids, Toxin Turret launches toxin grenades that weaken any organic around them
- Increased maximum health of all nanotech turrets, and tweaked most turrets
- Increased work amounts for nanotech and redmatter armors
- Adjusted a few values on weapon attachments and armors
- Weapon attachments and tools now wear down far slower
- Tweaked both skinsuits
- Hellbud drugs and nanotech components moved to exotic traders, weapon attachments no longer sold by traders
- Fixed duration for healing and mending helldrinks (they last longer)
- Reduced research cost of nanotech and redmatter weapons (baseline and modulations). Adjusted a few other research costs
- Changed the Demolisher's EMP blast rifle: instead of firing widely (and stunning their own mechanoid allies), they will accurately shut down your turrets from range
- Added a new nanotech research project: meal dispenser. Requires much more power and ingredients than nutrient paste, but at least it's actually edible!

hauzhi001

Hi,

The links to the zip files are not updated, was enjoying the mods but also facing all the previous problems, and my Rimworld was not attached to steam and hence cannot get update from there.

Appreciate if you can update the link to zip file.

Thank you.

Nales

hauzhi001

Hi Nales,

I tried to download the zip file again, but its still the old version which is only 1.279 MB.

Sorry to trouble you but can you check again? And do I need to start with a new save for my game to proceed?

Thank you.

Nales

It works when I download it. The file size is 1.41 MB. Maybe you have a cache issue or something?
It should unlock your existing game.

hauzhi001

bruce8866

Hi, I want to ask some questions.
How can I get "Red matter" in addition to raid?
What are the conditions for triggering "The Watcher"?
Once you start "The Watcher", every raid enemy will use Red Matter equipment?
This is my second time playing this mod, I just tried to understand him. Sorry for these stupid questions, I believe there are instructions in the game, but I always skip the English narrative

And if I want to translate MOD, how can I submit it?

hauzhi001

Quote from: bruce8866 on October 26, 2019, 03:39:08 PM
Hi, I want to ask some questions.
How can I get "Red matter" in addition to raid?
What are the conditions for triggering "The Watcher"?
Once you start "The Watcher", every raid enemy will use Red Matter equipment?
This is my second time playing this mod, I just tried to understand him. Sorry for these stupid questions, I believe there are instructions in the game, but I always skip the English narrative

And if I want to translate MOD, how can I submit it?

1. You can only get redmatter via raid or after you achieved very end-game quest (experience from my playthrough).
2. Researching nanotech to trigger "The Watcher".
3. Only Watcher raid will come with Redmatter equipment.

As for the translation, need to wait for the response from author.

tsmt1001

The storyline for this mod seems to stall quite a bit. Is there a way to nudge it forward, maybe via a map event or a world event in dev mode? I played multiple colonies with this mod. I've only got to the end of the story twice. A few times I got past the first bioattack, but the second one never came. Most of my runs got through the watcher outposts part, but never got to the bioattack point.

philn3v