[1.0] Religions of Rimwold

Started by Basarab, February 03, 2019, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge

Ah cool. Perhaps over time it can create a history where the church is one of (if not the absolute) the most corrupt ordinances to have ever been established. Committing crimes the length of one's arm under the guise of being holy and righteous; fear mongering and manipulating the state, fraud and tax evasion behind the mask of tax exemption for the church, oh and of course all the sex crimes.

You can probably tell that I'm a fan of organised religion.

Your mod has potential for all kinds of interesting in-game drama and interaction, depending if you're planning to take it beyond mere flavour.

Basarab

Quote from: Sarge on February 06, 2019, 05:49:32 AM
Ah cool. Perhaps over time it can create a history where the church is one of (if not the absolute) the most corrupt ordinances to have ever been established. Committing crimes the length of one's arm under the guise of being holy and righteous; fear mongering and manipulating the state, fraud and tax evasion behind the mask of tax exemption for the church, oh and of course all the sex crimes.

Your mod has potential for all kinds of interesting in-game drama and interaction, depending if you're planning to take it beyond mere flavour.

Thank you for an interesting comment! Yes, your ideas are very cool and I hope we can make it happen over time. Some of things you said are in plans. Hope you like it

Basarab

Update on 2/7/2019 4:00:08 PM.

What's new:
- new Antitheist trait. Antitheist is truly aggressive to every religious colonist.
- Atheist is no longer an aggressive. Atheist can't convert to a religious but now he has no bad opinion on religious colonists.
- Atheists will have opinion buff to each other.
- Antitheists will have opinion buff to each other.

Silas_

Calm down.

Marmitesoup

I'm getting errors and I suspect it has something to do with Psychology. Just a guess. Something to do with the colonists' traits, not too sure myself.

Heres a pastebin of the error logs

https://pastebin.com/Y0kgf2q3

Sarge

Quote from: Silas_ on February 07, 2019, 09:27:04 AM

Calm down.

Piss off.

Silas_

Quote from: Sarge on February 08, 2019, 04:54:01 AM
Quote from: Silas_ on February 07, 2019, 09:27:04 AM

Calm down.

Piss off.

You forgot to tip your fedora.

Canute

I miss the good old times sometimes, when someone through his gloves at the other face and meet next morning for some final discussion.
Or related to the topic, call him a heretic/witch and let the angry mob doing the rest ! :-)

Adrestia

Something broke and I can't figure it out
https://git.io/fh7Wu

I really want to use this mod! I almost always try to build temples for my tribal games.

Canute

Your log show only 2 active mods (Core and hugslib) but some error's refer to other mod like GiddUp series.
My suggestion, unsubscribe all mod (beside hugslib) at first so all old files get deleted.
Then resubscribe them, and activate them at small batches.
Watch the logwindow if some red text (error) appear.
Find the mod which add the error's and don't use it at until you find out more about the errors.

vandal

i been wanting this since forever!!!!!!! closest i saw was the warhammer one i think. Should work well with psychology

Dr Roach

Why have I taken so long to see this.

The current atheist trait should be "agnostic", and antitheist should be atheist, for simplicity's sake. In reality, both terms simply refer to a belief in God rather than having a religion (many Eastern and New Age religions like Taoism, Confucianism, and Scientology say nothing about the nature of God), but most of the other words are obscure terms only religious philosophers would recognize.

What are the default religions?

EDIT:
If religion is defined via traits, can the trait give other effects (say, a particular faith encourages a strong work ethic, so they get +10% work speed)?

Basarab

Update on 09/03/2018

- books can now be produced on the crafting spot
- if your pawn doesn't attend a worship - select him and right-click on a lectern to force him to attend

AmS

Hi,

i have some troubles with your tech-tree,
as far as i see, you need both researches to build and operate a church.
why did you split the altar and the relics?

what about a little shrine for the beginning?
next could be altar and relics for a small chappel,
some bells to build a church and
some saints (artwork?) for a cathedral...

avilmask

Quote from: Dr Roach on February 17, 2019, 04:17:47 PM
The current atheist trait should be "agnostic", and antitheist should be atheist, for simplicity's sake. In reality, both terms simply refer to a belief in God rather than having a religion (many Eastern and New Age religions like Taoism, Confucianism, and Scientology say nothing about the nature of God), but most of the other words are obscure terms only religious philosophers would recognize.
I'm fine that antitheism is a separate trait (believe that religious behavior is straightly destructive and just bad for humankind, so religious people is a tumor spreading cancer). it's actually good that it's here, so some people actually could learn a difference. But making atheism "religion neutral" isn't good representation of a trait. Even if one person really chill about the fact that he straightly denies existence of any kind of deity without faith shaming all other colonists, atheists and theists (or religious) should at least think about each other that they're ignorant. Agnosticism would display real neutrality much better.