Mental state rebalance

Started by G1gg13s, July 16, 2014, 10:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G1gg13s

Whenever I play a game of rimworld, no matter what storyteller I'm on, no matter how much food I have, no matter if I have buried all my corpses, my colonists are rested, and I have a pretty environment, they go insane. Of course, I could arrest them and get them back, but then I have to deal with a prisoner who, every 5 seconds, goes insane and breaks doors and kills other people. I am YET to be able to build a full base, without getting mentally slaughtered. Please rebalance the mental state bar, and maybe add in the fear option again, but make it have downfalls so it's not as OP as it was originally. Such as colonists work, and move slower, and other things.

EscapeZeppelin

It works fine for me. I hate to say it but there must be something about the environment of your colony that's not set up great. If you post some screenshots of your colony maybe people on the forum can offer some advice. Since you said you've prettied up the base I suspect that the base is fine but you may be forcing them to work in an area they consider horrible. Oddly I had a similar problem with my stonecutter until I put down a wood floor and potted plants in my rock cutting depot. Apparently an ugly quarry is a big deal to them. A crematorium is good too since it allows you to designate one person to collect the corpses and keep everyone else away and doesn't give everyone the viewed corpse penalty from having to haul bodies around.

Luroshard

Definitely going to need screenshots of your colony and base layout to understand what exactly you are doing wrong, decisions are very important and sometimes must be done in a very small time period in order to keep your colonists in psychological homeostasis.
A few times on Cassandra Classic the entire mental break of my colony came close, but with crunch decisions I ended up keeping them fine for another 150 days.

BetaSpectre

Make a (maybe several) small plot(s) of land to grow flowers, it'll do wonders

Also try to make food available thoughout the areas you work in.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

RawCode

actually we need something like mental stability skill that keep trained personell from mental disorders.
doesn't really care about anything anymore on high levels.

trained by something like killing stuff or by having negative effects, after some time people who kill other people every day wont get any bad thoughs about this.