[1.0]Smarty Storyteller. A storyteller that tracks your boredom

Started by meowmeow, February 04, 2019, 11:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meowmeow

Smart Storyteller

Description:
A new and improved storyteller, one that's unique and never done before. All other storytellers you find tend to be adjusted versions of vanilla storytellers. They follow the same logic, just different numbers. But not this one. Smarty is the new and improved storyteller, using advance technology and spying methods, your input and how you play the game is tracked and processed, adjusting events accordingly.

FAQ:
Will this mod works with <X>?
Most likely. If there's any incompatibility issue, please tell me.

Will this mod works with multi-player?
No. Not for any sort of multi-player that allows two computer to share a colony in real time.

Who picked the image? Is it true you're a furry?
Mehni suggested I visit [REDACTED] to look for a suitable image. One thing lead to another, that's the image.

Author/Mod Team
Me. Just me. I think, for now.
Art is by tysontan.

Download
Version V0.1.0

Changelog:
V0.1:
Initial release!

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

whyareuhere

This actually better for me (theoretically) as with the Real Ruins mod the storytellers tend to track building wealth... Even though they're not MY buildings! (Ex: Holding up in a 19 x 19 ruin without claiming it, but the storyteller thinks "Hey, isn't it YOUR building now???  8))

Goldenpotatoes

Can we get a general idea of how the storyteller tracks your 'boredom'? I love the idea of a storyteller that ramps up the difficulty if you start to stagnate instead of just a normal difficulty curve, but I'm curious how it manages it without relying on stuff like time or colony wealth.

Erthie

Is it inteded to receive 5 raids in a single day right at the beginning of the game?

After a single raid in day 5, in day 11 Smarty sent me 5 raids one after the other until i switched back to Randy...

Kranon the Relentless

I got the same problem at day 11 she send me 7 raids I had to change to another storyteller because that's pretty annoying I hope this will be changed

moonra

System.Linq

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on February 05, 2019, 12:50:36 AM
Can we get a general idea of how the storyteller tracks your 'boredom'? I love the idea of a storyteller that ramps up the difficulty if you start to stagnate instead of just a normal difficulty curve, but I'm curious how it manages it without relying on stuff like time or colony wealth.

It tracks how many times you press a key.

Erthie

System.Linq

Did you expect a sophisticated artificial intelligence tracking your engagement?

Erthie

I was expecting something like the repetitiveness of the jobs and the kind of jobs that your pawns are doing were influencing the events.
But i'm not saying that Smarty sucks, but if you play the game with 3x speed and pause it when you need to do something more important than normal micromanagment she's going to send you a tons of raids kinda breaking the game. Or i'm dumb and i can't understand this storyteller ^^

Canute

A storyteller who got access to your webcam, micro and keyboard analyse your mimic and noises and then made incidents depend on that ? :-)

krevetkosan

It sends me mechanoid raids every 15-20 seconds. That's what I wanted!

System.Linq

This storyteller is a great way to train you to keep your APM up or else it will destroy your colony

Kryc8

I tried this mod but because I have so many mods I got raided every 5 seconds. Too bad it doesn't have multiplayer support because it would be a lot of fun to try defend the colony while playing with couple other people who would help micromanage stuff.

whyareuhere

I've learned that this storylettler is not compatible with the Sometimes Raids go Wrong mod. Manhunting animal goes berserk, kills raiders. AI spawns MORE raiders (usually overkill). Once done killing the animals, the extreme amount of raiders come in to kill me. So RIP!

Still, it's fun and relaxing. To fix this, I'm playing savage Cassandra, and she's just so BORING!