- Electric stove
- Electric tailoring bench
- Hi-tech research bench
- Machining table
AND, Misc section
- Comms console
- Multi-analyzer
- Tool cabinet

Just a simple mod without adding anything more, just the textures of the rimworld "vanilla", for me to be able to add better textures and more futuristic for such items, since it does not have how to edit or manipulate the ugly textures of vanilla :c

My Version is: Rimworld10

Pelador

Quote from: GRANDMASTER on February 10, 2019, 12:14:06 AM
https://mega.nz/#F!1KBhwQbI!erwAMAW-OKW31ylPS6eCjg

Uses old naming conventions for buildings/objects. using "_front", "_side", "_back" instead of current "_east", "_north", "_south", "_west".

Also it suggests to simply "dump" complete vanilla thingDefs for the buildings as a solution for attaching new texture definitions? This will make it largely incompatible with vanilla if not up to date and other mods if they also need to adapt these definitions to accommodate their mods. It would be much better/sensible modding practice to apply a patch identifying xpath changes to only the things you need to change within the definitions and not add full definitions.

I wouldn't recommend this as a "good" example of how to mod vanilla items as a result. In fact quite the opposite.

GRANDMASTER

ooh... I just noticed that I used textures from another folder ... I'm an idiot ...  :'(

Pelador

Quote from: GRANDMASTER on February 10, 2019, 02:27:21 AM
Is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/etj0izj7nhz7xny/AADCCKemvCncKsqzZoG9zEF1a?dl=0 This better now?

That removes the overriding of thingDefs which improves compatibility.  8)

The only thing that concerns me, though I haven't tried personally to change vanilla textures, is whether this will then not be confused with the vanilla textures. I would believe for thingDefs with graphic definitions of type single, multi or stackCount this might do the trick in simply allowing the mod to overwrite the vanilla textures if using mirrored path definitions in the mod. But for textures of graphic type random or tick it would add extra graphic options, so it wouldn't be a good technique for things like plants or animated types.

A better "overall" technique would be to make your own folder path with custom naming conventions and patch the graphic terms using xpath for the thingDefs in question.

It obviously wouldn't remove a conflict where two differing mods both want to change the same vanilla textures of course, irrespective of how you do it. I believe it would be the mod load orders that would then determine which graphics got used, with the last in the mod list winning out. (assuming no C# post load changes).

But this would be a much better example of how to mod vanilla textures (imho) since it doesn't attempt to override the thingDefs with static dumps of their complete definitions.

ThiiSoul