Custom font for language translations

Started by omry1243, February 10, 2019, 10:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omry1243

Hey, me and a team of a few other people decided to translate Rimworld into Hebrew to get in the extra audience, we've done a lot of work so far and the thing that stunts our ability to translate the game is the trouble with right to left languages, see when you type in a right to left language and then add a left to right text or a few other symbols (such as /n) the thing messes up the entire orientation of the text making it jumbled up, and we have to come up with a way to reorganize the text so it makes sense order wise, sometimes it works, other times its impossible to get the text to line up how it should be, this is of course due to unity limitations, so i was hoping if there was anything that could be done to make our lives easier making the game more fans, as there are 2 ways i thought up that hopefully shouldn't take too much effort, the first being, adding maybe another way to create a new line or call up variables such as {0} without using left to right language, maybe using a letter combination solely for that like ## or the likes?,
the second option being the ability to add a custom font to the language, if we get font support, i can impose Hebrew characters on English characters and that way i can circumvent using right to left language and stop the mess from happening in the first place,
sadly the more we translate the game the more we realize how hard it is to get through these technical difficulties, and i hate to see days on this project go to waste because of an easy to solve problem, if i could get a reply from Tynan or anyone that can make such thing happen it would help us a lot in knowing if its a matter worth continuing to support or whether to scrap it completely, thanks for the attention