Colonists won't sow unless locked in a room, will cook without cooking enabled.

Started by BoogieMan, February 10, 2019, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogieMan

I've never experienced this before.

No one will sow or harvest plants unless they are locked in an area with them with nothing else to do. I can put planting on 1, and nothing else and they won't do it, automatic priorities doesn't affect it. They my best planter is also my best cook, and even if I disable cooking, she will go cook before anything else.

1. Outdoor fields are being ignored, as is indoor hydroponics.
2. Indoors is 82F which is a safe temperature.
3. The area is in the home zone.
4. No one has restricted zones.
5. Multiple people have the skill to plant the crops and the labor enabled at max priority with nothing else sharing the same level.
6. It worked earlier in the game, they sowed on their own just fine.

I have a number of mods installed, all of which I have used before and haven't had this happen. None of which change the agriculture system, but I have one that lets you plant something that can be refined into netroamine. Is anyone aware of a mod or bug that can cause this? Or a way to output mods to a text file to make it easier to show what you are using?

EDIT: I restarted Rimworld and so far they are back to normal. I tried reloading the savegame prior to making this post but apparently that wasn't enough to stop the issue.

:-[

Shurp

I've noticed this too.  Sometimes colonists go out of their minds and do random tasks.  But locking them in the room will usually straighten them out.  It's not consistent in any case.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

RicRider

You can also try the dev mode tool to end their current job. That usually breaks whatever silly loop a mod got them stuck in for me.
##Coding Scrub##