[Request] Someone (please) fix orc invasion!

Started by Trentennisfigati, February 10, 2019, 06:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trentennisfigati

The Orc race here ---> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1267084448   (or "pig orcs" / "porcs" as someone suggested) is really cool, but with one small bug that makes the mod unplayable. It stops raids from happening.
In the comments section someone posted this:

About raids...
Looks like orc faction definitions are lacking something.
Quick fix for no raids. ->
Delete this file
294100\1267084448\Defs\FactionDefs\Factions_Orc.XML
Note that deleting that file will not generate any other orc tribes.

Tried it, it works, but now you can use orcs only if you choose their starting scenario or spawn with dev mode.
No faction or invasion whatsoever.
Can someone please fix this?

kayo

Can you provide a non-steam download of the game? Like hosted via dropbox

Trentennisfigati

Trentennisfigati

I'm bringing this one up as I really miss my orcs in 1.0, I could live without their invasion, just normal raids, and add them as faction.
Their design is really cool and the game's missing orcs, beside 40k's!
Hope I'm not infringing forum rules, but I really feel someone should bring em back, sadly I can't code or I'd do that!

KozmoD

Trentennisfigati

They're really cool graphic-wise. Someone posted a picture of vampire-orcs, I love'em! My game must include them.

Trentennisfigati

I mean...com'on...  :o *inner nerd takes over*

KozmoD

ParadoxSpace

Bump, I also really want this mod updated for raids to work.

kayo

Sorry about replying so late. I'm new to the modding scene and I wanted to attempt to update the mod for the experience although I quickly realized I didn't know nearly enough to simply jump into it. I'll try to look into it again but chances are I'd be someone else that updates it.

kayo

Actually I was checking out the steam page and it may have been fixed. " Should be working, at the least the previous error which made it break raids has been resolved."

Trentennisfigati

So happy someone got this!
I can't get to make an orc from Prepare Carefully, but I'm so happy they fixed it anyway"!