Anyway to improve colonist eating speed?

Started by khun_poo, February 11, 2019, 08:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

A non-gourmand colonist need to eat around 2 times a day.

They need about a time to open a granite door to finish one of their meal when healthy. Not counting the time to pick up their meal and looking for the table.

I know that it's not much of a problem, but if there a room to improve it, I will :D .

From what I know, things that involving with the eating speed is Food poisoning, colonist's jaw and stomach (not sure about room's light) . All of these are the penalty to the eating speed.

Only the roundabout way to helping my colonist finish their meal faster usually resolve by planing the layout of my base to be most efficiently. So, they take the least time to pick a meal and reach the table.

Might be my suggestion, if the bionic jaw or stomach help improve eating speed would be nice addition. The time it take to eat stuff difference from each food source would be great (eg; rawfood 1.5x times, simple meal 1x time, fine meal 0.8x times blah blah). A mod suggestion it's fine though :)

Thanks for reading, happy eating nom nom nom  :P

AileTheAlien

I'm pretty sure both stomachs (metabolism trait) and jaws (some...trait...?) help with eating speed. Mods which have bionic / super-stomachs would help.

Dargaron

Quote from: khun_poo on February 11, 2019, 08:41:00 AM

The time it take to eat stuff difference from each food source would be great (eg; rawfood 1.5x times, simple meal 1x time, fine meal 0.8x times blah blah). A mod suggestion it's fine though :)

Not sure I can agree with this. I mean, what takes longer to eat: a nice steak dinner, or a Big Mac from Micky D's? Good-tasting food isn't necessarily more "efficient."

AileTheAlien

According to the wiki the metabolism increase makes pawns sleep faster, not eat faster, although the page on metabolism itself says it has no effect. Anyone know what's currently in the game? ^^;

Mehni

The page on metabolism is correct. It does nothing.

To the OP: I'm pretty sure you can change eating speed in the scenario editor.

khun_poo

oh! good to know about scenario editor. Thanks Mehni  :D