Mod request - endgame tribal raids

Started by Ateerix, February 11, 2019, 04:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateerix

So I've reached endgame in my game with 200+ mods, and I've noticed there are two types of raids. The first type is fairly difficult with the mods I have, as the raiders are absolutely jacked when it comes to equipment and how many appear. The annoying raids are the tribals, who assume they can do anything with bows and clubs against laser machine guns...

I am trying to get into rimworld modding, but it's a slow process with my limited time, so I was wondering if someone could help me out by making a mod that either lessened the chance of tribal raiders based on your wealth, or multiplied the amount of raiders by like...10 or something. Anything to make it feel more even in the late-game for the tribals, or to just eliminate them from raiding at all after they realize how advanced my colony has become.

If this is too much to ask, I would love for someone to give me a hand or some advice to start me on my way of making this mod myself.

Anything would be appreciated, thanks!!

Pelador

Another option would be to just maintain tribals as neutral or friendly by sending them gifts in transporter pods. Doesn't take much to use this aerial diplomacy tool to adjust standings with factions that would remove the idea of them attacking you based upon relationships.

Ateerix

I've tried maintaining in the past by that method, but with faction discovery and a couple years in-game, there's quite a few factions that it has become more of an annoyance to do that then to just kill them when they come.

This isn't by any means a game-breaking annoyance, I just figured it would be a QoL mod for some people, including myself.

If the mod itself is too big an ordeal, then I'll reserve myself to just dealing with them when they come. I do hope that someone can make it, or at least tell me how to.

Canute

On a tribal raid you should have downed tribal to take them as prisoner and release them.
Mosttimes after the 2. raid they turn neutral.

Just the question, does tribal would wear plate armor and longswords  or would they be medivial then ? I think when they all got good+ steel plate armor you would have a harder time to shoot them down.

Kirby23590

Well Tribal Raids aren't that bad compared to Pirates where they bring in the Rocket Launchers in Vanilla or if you have Weapon Mods that gives them SCARs and AKs or even giving them back their Charge Rifles or something worse...

Tribal Raids are more like Zerg Rushes bringing in a lot people especially if they are mostly an melee raid. Sure there's a lot of them but they can destroy one of your turrets or even do a lot damage...

Gifting them stuff to their factions or As Canute Said, Capturing them and nursing them back to health and releasing them will help turning them into a Neutral Faction rather than a Faction trying to destroy your colony... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.