Rimworld | Third time is the charm right? | Ep 3

Started by mindfuldeception, January 20, 2019, 05:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindfuldeception

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM12O3CUU8c 

Hi, I'm MindfulDeception and I am trying my hand at making some entertaining gaming videos. Here is the third episode of my colony in Rimworld. Any constructive criticism is encouraged, I want to improve!

I happened to stream this episode so the quality is not as good as normal. I have learned my lesson and will check on the quality as I go.

Bit's adventure continues in the cold unforgiving tundra. Comments and Likes are very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for watching!

-MindfulDeception

Demoulius

Hey mindful,

I watched the video earlier but forget to give some feedback.

If you want to play this scenario id try to do it on a temperate forest or such a location. They tend to have no shortage of wood and like the name implies the temperatures are alot more temperate. The more extreme biomes are really rough and thats even worse when you are landing by your own. I will admit though its alot more interesting if you can pull it off on the extreme ones then on the temperate forest :)

Try to build as many of your structures near each other as you possibly can. You were walking all over the map constantly and wasting alot of time with that. You can somewhat do that with a big colony with alot of pawns. If you just have 1 pawn wasting time like that can bite you in the ass and make things harder for yourself then it needs to be.

Make a small growing area for crops. Even if the bushes on the map are enough for day to day food supplies. If you reach winter and dont have stocks of food lying around it will go south very quikly. I personally always start with 1 crop of corn and 1 of potatoes. The potatoes are done early and ensure that you survive to reach winter. The corn drags you through winter itself :D it also decays very slowly which is also a nice plus.

Since this was a stream you cant edit it but if it wasent you can sometimes cut out parts where not alot of things are happening. The times where he was sleeping for example. On the other hand you are constantly sharing your thoughts with us so that would get cut out as well. You can experiment a little bit and see if you can find a way to do the videos that you like.

Overall it was fine though. But 50 minutes is abit long. I personally try (and fail most of the time lul) to keep the video to 30 minutes max. I personally find that if videos are longer then that I have trouble keeping interested or I get distracted easily.

Hope the feedback helps you any :)