[Mod Idea/Request] Gourmand Addictions (Get addicted to Nutrient Paste Meals)

Started by AtonicX, February 13, 2019, 02:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtonicX

So, I've been thinking... what if your colonists could get addicted to/sick of the meals they eat? I know this might sound crazy, but hear me out.

So, if you eat the same thing over and over and over again, you're bound to get sick of it, right? Like rice, I love rice, but if I ate it day after day after day, it would get less filling and less tasty to me. Now, something like a Rib-Eye steak... I wouldn't mind eating that day after day, at least for a longer time than rice, and I would probably be hooked on eating it, if I ate it enough. Maybe not, though

I'm proposing a simple(?) mod that would add tolerance and addiction to food! It'd be at insanely slow rates, but needless to say, it would diversify your Pawns' diets. No more living off of Simple Meals till the end of time, you need variety! Simple Meals would become less filling the more your pawns ate them over a short time, but at the same time, your pawns would become used to eating them at a much slower rate, but for something like Fine or Lavish meals, they'd become addicted faster, but would build tolerance much, much slower. This would work in reverse for Ascetics, and it would have minimal/no effects on Gourmands! I don't know how hard this mod would be to make, I'm honestly not skilled in coding and whatnot, but it appears to all be there... Addiction/Tolerance, and whatnot for the drugs. I apologize if it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, I really don't and I just want to give my 2 cents. Who knows, maybe this mod will make people play with different food mods?
I've been thinking... (Oh no, it thinks!)