How to stop starting equipment from being scattered?

Started by Jiro, February 09, 2019, 06:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiro

Now when I start a game the equipment is all over the place around the landing site even before the pods land. How can I make the pods contain all of the equipment?

Canute

Mosttimes it is at the scenario.
Start with,  next with your colonist.
Start near, closer around
Scattered randomly, somewhere at the map.

Jiro

Even selecting "Start with", at least half the equipment will just be lying around something like 50-75 tiles away from the drop zone before the pods have even landed.

Canute

Maybe i switched Start with and Start near.
At last one of them should spawn the resources next to the pawn.

Just did a fast testing on a default map size.
Start with 150 wood appear 15-20 tiles
Start near 150 gold appear 5 tiles next to a pawn.

Maybe is near on a large map different then on a smaller ?

Jiro

Most likely. Didn't extra equipment used to drop in its own pod, or am i misremembering?

Canute

Don't think so,
if you add 5 different weapons, you don't get 5 pods, just one pod who drop them.
I think the generator got a fleet of pod launcher and fill them up with the stuff from the scenario, and launch all non-empty pods.

Kirby23590

Just to be more clear what Canute was trying to say...

If your Playing a Normal Scenario like Crashlanded or The Lost Tribe or maybe The Rich Explorer. They have their stuff fixed until you use the Scenario Editor, or playing a Custom Scenario downloaded or made by you or you picked the Randomized seed in the Scenario Editor...

Start With: Spawns in with your Guys when they Spawn, They appear inside the Transport Pods when the Arrival Method is set to Drop Pods.

Start Near: Appears Next to your Spawn slightly a few inches away, Not affected by Arrival Method. Mostly starting wood or steel.

Scattered randomly: Spawned around and Littered around the map or randomly, far away from the spawn or slightly near your spawn.

And as Canute said, only one pod that contains all the weapons. I threw in 10 Bolt-actions, 10 Assault Rifles, 10 Chain Shotguns and 10 Flak Jackets that spawned in a single pod containing 1 Colonist who is the only one, all alone... Yes i included armor in there as well...

It's mostly random where it spawns to what person or colonist nearby, if you had 3 or more colonists...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Limdood

I think mass and pod capacity plays into it?

Like if you have 1 pawn and have start with 12 weapons, 2000 steel, 200 components, 200 meals, 2000 wood, and 100 medicine, i'm betting you're getting a lot of stuff on the ground.

If you start with 2 pawns with 2 pistols and 40 meals, it'll probably all arrive via pod with the colonists.

Just a hunch.