[Mod request] Emergency first aid

Started by togfox, February 20, 2019, 09:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

togfox

Ever had a lot of pawns go down during a large battle? The aftermath usually involves bodies and fire and gear everywhere. High on your list of priorities is to find which survivors are bleeding out and to triage them first. I don't want the doctor to haul them all the way to the hospital, then fetch some herbal medicine that is sitting in the corner of the map. Many pawns have only  2 or 3 hours to live and you just need to slow the bleeding.

I'd like to right-click my target and 'Give first aid'. This will:

- change the allowed medicine to 'no medicine'
- create a sleeping spot on the ground right next to the pawn
- set sleeping spot to medical

This will allow on the spot provision of emergency first and without micro managing all those steps for every pawn on the edge of death.

Extra bonus: the first aid job is cancelled when the bleed out value is greater than x hours. This lets the doctor stabilise and perform a real rescue or stabilise then move on to the next pawn needing emergency first aid.

Canute

I think Rimkit can fit your needs.
- All 3 kits have the same 3 abilities, bandage will bandage all of the wearers wounds on the spot, bandage in bed will do the same but they will find the nearest medical bed first, and bandage others will allow you to select another pawn to be tended to, even during combat.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29043.0

Mehni

Field Medic (taken from CE)
CE
Smart Medicine

Take your pick.

togfox

Thanks guys - I've decided (for now) that Field Medic does what I'm looking for with the least impact on the vanilla experience. I'll give that a shot first.

Thanks!!