Include pre-made colonists into scenarios ?

Started by charline, February 15, 2019, 03:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charline

Hi ! One simple idea I still would love to get into the vanilla game is the ability to include pre-selected colonists into custom scenarios. That would a be a great (and simple?) way to create specific challenges to share with friends and community !

For example start with 4 people hooked to drugs, or non-violent people with turrets only and so on.

I guess this idea may have been suggested before, but it stills is the #1 feature I would love to get, and because it seems not very complicated to do, I allow myself to hope :-)

Of course we could even have something more complex : force some traits / skills only and let the rest be randomized

We could also think about a forced biome for a scenario ("lone survivor into the ice sea")

However the game is already so good it still hurts. I get back to it every year since the alpha. Well done !

snedhle

Forced traits are already a thing... only problem is, the raiders will have it too i think. I need to try that turret only scenario, sounds really fun.

Also, four people hooked onto drugs is the correct way to run ANY colony.

AileTheAlien

Forced implants would be nice too. You can do hediffs already (which is what implants use) but if you allow implants' hediffs to be used at the start of the game they go into the "whole body" slot, since you can't choose where they go, and that's what the default is. For example, your colonist John would have his bionic leg implanted into his "whole body", and could get two normal bionic legs later.

Also, forced clothing and weapons would be nice, but it would be just a convenience feature; You can set colonists to naked, and start them with gear nearby.

charline

QuoteForced traits are already a thing

Hey, I didn't notice that before, thanks for the information. Also include colonist names into the scenario would be cool. In the end, full starting colonists customization would allow everything we can dream !