[WIP] WeaponOfChoice [Beta]

Started by EntityFramework, February 17, 2019, 04:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EntityFramework

Weapons Of Choice

A revamped version of WeaponsAndOutfits (https://github.com/ErnestUTN/Rimworld_WeaponsAndOutfits) . This time the weapons configuration is not part of the apparel outfit system.

Additional Features
You can now choose among your allowed filtered equippables some "priority" equippables. Click on the dropdown to the right of the filter in the dialog menu and choose your top 3 equippables you want your pawn to pay special attention to. You can leave one or two unchosen dropdowns , not problem, the rest of the filtered equippables will be treated as non-prioritized and will be similar to apparel in the outfits menu. [Read the Equip Logic for more info]

Equip logic
The following two propositions governs the logic behind the picking and equipping of the searched weapon:

1- Priority Weapons ignores filters quality and health % -> Means that not only will be the first weapons to search before attempting to search in the non-priority list, but also the pawn completely disregards quality and health % as said.

3- A pawn that has equipped a priority weapon in level 2 won't try to search for a weapon in level 1 Priority (lvl 1 > lvl 2 > lvl 3)

Compatibility
So far, compatible with the same mods as WeaponsAndOutfits. During the week I will integrate BPC (Better Pawn Control) within it (Though it is a task for Voult I think)

Make sure to disable WeaponsAndOutfits

Known Issues
1- When opening the weapon dialog menu and attempting to create a new weapon preset it might take a couple of seconds before something happens. If you see this happen frequently add it as an issue in github, here.

Credits
As before, huge thanks to the discord rimworld modding group for their help in the modding process. If you are modding and you're stuck at it, pay a visit to them ;).

Regards
----------------------------------------------------------
GitHub Release: https://github.com/ErnestUTN/WeaponsOfChoice/releases

[attachment deleted due to age]

EntityFramework

Mod Update
Modified BPC assembly
There is a folder with a recompiled version of Voult's BPC project with additional modifications so as to integrate it within the mod. Replace this assembly into the one you currently have in BPC mod folder and your policies will also affect Weapon Presets . Remember to make a backup of the original assembly.. It works but might need testing anyway.

EntityFramework

Hopefully Final Beta Branch Fix Released. You might need to load a savegame prior to enabling this mod, or not.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

EntityFramework

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

rawrfisher

The githubs a tad confusing atm I'm looking for a usable version.
Professional jerk

EntityFramework

Quote from: rawrfisher on February 25, 2019, 08:06:29 PM
The githubs a tad confusing atm I'm looking for a usable version.

If you want just the mod without BetterPawnControl, just download WeaponOfChoice-Beta.rar file and decompress it into the mods folder of the game.
If you want the mod with the betterPawnControl integration, download the betterPawnControl .dll file  and languages.zip too... Overwrite the vanilla betterPawnControl you are using with the one you downloaded and do the same with the languages folder.. Make sure to backup everything

https://github.com/ErnestUTN/WeaponsOfChoice/releases -- Latest Pre-Release

In https://github.com/ErnestUTN/WeaponsOfChoice/blob/Beta/README.md There is a Readme with more detailed information.
Feel free to ask me anything else and create an issue ticket if some weird problem arises.

Thanks!

rawrfisher

I would be surprised if something dont come up.  I run roughly 130 mods with several of them being major ones.
I'll ask this now so I know what to expect. 

How does this mod handle a mod such as weapon storage?  Answer:  This mod does not recognize a weapon storage as a valid stockpile so pawns ignore weapons in it.

How does it work with dual wield? Answer : Pawns will only equip 1 weapon much to my dismay

How does it work with Mod added guns.  Answer: Works fine with them far as I can tell.

Does it include bottles and logs? Answer: No but who really wants to arm their colonists with bottles and big sticks anyway.

Professional jerk

EntityFramework

Quote from: rawrfisher on February 26, 2019, 05:32:31 PM
I would be surprised if something dont come up.  I run roughly 130 mods with several of them being major ones.
I'll ask this now so I know what to expect. 

How does this mod handle a mod such as weapon storage?  Answer:  This mod does not recognize a weapon storage as a valid stockpile so pawns ignore weapons in it.

How does it work with dual wield? Answer : Pawns will only equip 1 weapon much to my dismay

How does it work with Mod added guns.  Answer: Works fine with them far as I can tell.

Does it include bottles and logs? Answer: No but who really wants to arm their colonists with bottles and big sticks anyway.

That's right. Compatibility is pretty limited. I have a rule to let the creator of the other mods make a pull request and if the change works, merge it into my mod..
Or let them change their mods to make it compatible with mine.
I just made an exception with BPC, in which I recompiled the assembly to make it work.

rawrfisher

Kiame seems to be MIA now and I use his weapon and infinte storage mods.  The pawns seem to ignore any gear in the storage items from those mods and I really dont wanna have massive stockpiles of weapons just sitting out.

Mostly since some maps I play the raiders will land right in my storage room immediatly switch to stealing and by time I can respond half the raiders are too far away to chase.  Those storage items force the raiders to break things buying me time to respond
Professional jerk

Lupin III

Is this/will this be compatible with "simple sidearms"? I started using that mod mostly for the annoying vanilla behaviour that downed pawns drop their weapon only to have to micromanage them to pick it up again (after they come out of hospital ;) ). I have no idea why there isn't at least a basic version of autoequipping in game (I mean it's there for outfits already...). Your mod would fix that as well, even better actually because I don't even have to micromanage the first time a weapon is equipped (you still need to search for the weapon on the map with simple sidearms the first time you equip one). But I have really come to like the sidearm aspect of the simple sidearm mod.

I'm also using "deep storage" https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47707.0. It provides a few storage "furnitures" among them a weapons locker. It would be really nice if this mod could find weapons in those (if it doesn't already). Other mods that search through stockpiles (or even base functions like "build until you have X") work with those lockers, so I hope they will work with this mod as well.