[1.0] JoJo's Bizarre Rimworld

Started by Arcade Dan, February 21, 2019, 08:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcade Dan

JoJo's Bizarre Rimworld

Description

Due to popular demand, I am creating a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure content mod.
I plan to add critical concepts from the series. For example: Stands, vampires, hamon, pillar men, etc.
This mod will be fairly overpowered, however, to compensate for such, everything will be fairly rare.
I plan on adding ways to experience content at a smooth rate.

Content

Currently the mod contains:

• A pillar man race (unfinished)
  • A pillar man faction (unfinished)
  • The frame work for content based on parts 1-2

Planned Content

I have a lot planned.

• Hamon and a faction of hamon warriors.
  • Stone mask for vampires.
  • Red Stone of Aja.
  • Ultimate Lifeform and its world destroyer event.
  • Apparel based on various characters.
  • A set of new names based on characters from the series.
  • STANDS
  • Stands from each parts.
  • Stand arrows.
  • The Spin.

Disclaimer

I am the only developer. I am also an amateur at Object Oriented Programming. I initially started learning Java, then crossed over into C#. This is my first ever mod. Expect no approximate ETAs on any of the content. I am also busy with classes as well.
I am dedicated to seeing this project all the way.

https://discord.gg/EzPZX3x  to Arcade Studios where I keep mod information. I strongly suggest joining this server. It's the easiest for me to relay information to my community.

https://github.com/Bawws/JoJo-s-Bizarre-Rimworld  - Link to Github download

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1650536259   steam download page

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Hi,
looks like the mod is still at an early stage of development, you should have put that it at the unfinished subforum not at the released one.
So people don't think they can use it and anything is fine.
I don't care if you use workshop user as testdummies, so long they don't come to the forum when something is wrong.

And don't forget to add download option, if you want it as steam only mod, you don't need a forum entry. Since the forum is for non-steam user mainly.

GatoWill

Arcade Dan

Quote from: Canute on February 21, 2019, 11:34:23 PM
Hi,
looks like the mod is still at an early stage of development, you should have put that it at the unfinished subforum not at the released one.
So people don't think they can use it and anything is fine.
I don't care if you use workshop user as testdummies, so long they don't come to the forum when something is wrong.

And don't forget to add download option, if you want it as steam only mod, you don't need a forum entry. Since the forum is for non-steam user mainly.

I haven't had much time to update this page. I intend to have a download here which is why I even made this post to begin with and as well as to draw attention.

I put it here because I don't feel that unfinished is a proper sub-forum based around my work ethic. I plan on releasing new content to pertain to the mod. I need people to play it and give me feedback. Also, quite a couple of mods here can qualify as "unfinished" because they are still adding stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I will be more mindful when I create more mods as far as where I should put them.

I also find workshop users coming here for help to be unlikely. I post a discord server for a reason and urge them to go there for more inquiries.

Don't see why a steam user will post here for help and not on the workshop as well. At least in the context of this mod.

TL;DR

I believe I know what I am doing. I appreciate the help on getting me suited here, but I believe it is unnecessary. Thank you.

RicRider

Hi. I don't use steam or discord. So if you want me to check out your mod please post a description. Thanks!
##Coding Scrub##

Arcade Dan

Bluntflame

Bluntflame

I think the author has abandoned this project. I will call out and say if you want to continue this, please do. Parts are a good challenge for those who want practice with building mods of high complexity. Other parts are simple enough for a noob to begin production to learn. The groundwork is done, it just needs someone willing to put the time and effort in.