Times events happen causes issues.

Started by Broken Reality, February 22, 2019, 12:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken Reality

Many events it seems happen at night. Blight always happens when my colonists want to sleep, same with cold snaps, this means you either have to micro every plant by queueing them to be cut or you lose your entire crop (especially with cold snaps as plants die breaking the queue). Now events happening at night sometimes is ok but it is every time for these events.

This all makes these events extra annoying. Rather than making them a challenge this just makes them tedious and frustrating.

Mehni

I solved this by putting about half the colonists on a night-shift. Round the clock activity.

Limdood

Quote from: Mehni on February 22, 2019, 03:24:13 AM
I solved this by putting about half the colonists on a night-shift. Round the clock activity.

This.  as soon as you get 4 colonists, you probably want to split it up with 2 sleeping around midday and 2 sleeping at night.  Ideally with a split of crafting and plant work so that those crucial tasks can get done more consistently.  Constructing can benefit from night work, but stay clear of bedrooms or you'll "disturbed sleep" the occupants.  Animal taming can only be done during the day, and arguably hunting is a nuisance at night, so you can put hunters and tamers on day-only.