How to save a colonist that requires treatment during a mental break?

Started by Sola, February 22, 2019, 01:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sola

If I have a great unit that's in the middle of a daze, but also has an infection that needs treatment, what do I do about this?

Last time I arrested one of my own pawns to heal them during a break, it took well over a week to re-recruit them.  Just now, I waited for it to go extreme with pawns at the ready to rescue and treat, but it was too late.

Tips and tricks?
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Mehni

Wanderer_joins

Quote from: Sola on February 22, 2019, 01:54:27 AM
Last time I arrested one of my own pawns to heal them during a break, it took well over a week to re-recruit them.

You don't have to re-recruit your colonists them, just release them.

AileTheAlien

Beat them unconscious with your other colonists' fists / pistol-butts. Then you can haul them to a medical bed for treatment, and you don't need to re-recruit them.

Limdood

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on February 22, 2019, 03:29:56 AM
Quote from: Sola on February 22, 2019, 01:54:27 AM
Last time I arrested one of my own pawns to heal them during a break, it took well over a week to re-recruit them.

You don't have to re-recruit your colonists them, just release them.
Yup. 

As an aside, you can banish without the mood penalty by capturing a colonist, then "accidentally" leaving every door between them and the map edge open....whoopsie doopsie