<<<what you have sold, what they have got>>>HOT

Started by Prophetly, February 24, 2019, 05:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prophetly

i was thinking there is something and it should have changed after a16.

The point is when you send a caravan near to another settlement for some trades, you just trade and get your stuff. For example; if you sell x12 luciferium to your nearby neighbor you can buy it back later, but you can't steal if you raid them (image below)

"selling stuff"

"and boom?? what are those trashes? i just sold x12 luciferium to you?? where are they?"

thats not all the other thing is settlements should actually have in their base what they are selling in trade screen as you saw. if you see x320 steel they have got, you must see those resources in their bases and it will be very logical and super good.

this is not includes trader caravans what you get. they are just temporary as always. and very cool.

:P

derped

Prophetly

derped

On the serious side,  I think this could be abused to easily (sell, then attack and get back everything), I'd rather think it's made like this on purpose.

Prophetly

Quote from: derped on March 01, 2019, 06:00:54 PM
On the serious side,  I think this could be abused to easily (sell, then attack and get back everything), I'd rather think it's made like this on purpose.

but attacking is risky as always pal? isn't it? and why should i do that? lol

derped

Quote from: Prophetly on March 01, 2019, 06:07:26 PM
Quote from: derped on March 01, 2019, 06:00:54 PM

but attacking is risky as always pal? isn't it? and why should i do that? lol

Dude, it has nothing to do with attacking, I said it could be abused too easily.

Limdood

No way to make this work.

You'd have to immensely scale up the size of computer generated bases to fit all the things a faction base might have.

That ALONE is a huge game-changing update (admittedly, one that has been asked for a lot, but the logistics of designing procedurally generated LARGE faction bases is fairly staggering).

On top of that the game would have to be able to dynamically change the amount of goods in a base.  Did you know you can attack and then run away?  What if you later befriended them, then attacked again?  The game saved their base when you last attacked it...should it have the old layout or the new layout?  How do you justify a vastly different base layout on the second visit?  What happens if the base has such a ridiculously huge amount of stuff, either naturally or through player trading, that there is no feasible way to make a storage room or two to hold it?

The logistics of this entire suggestion are absolutely staggering, WITHOUT even considering the unbelievable colony growth explosion from the ability to gain access to ALL the for-sale items and money of any given faction base.

Prophetly

Quote from: Limdood on March 02, 2019, 01:37:13 AM
No way to make this work.

You'd have to immensely scale up the size of computer generated bases to fit all the things a faction base might have.

That ALONE is a huge game-changing update (admittedly, one that has been asked for a lot, but the logistics of designing procedurally generated LARGE faction bases is fairly staggering).

On top of that the game would have to be able to dynamically change the amount of goods in a base.  Did you know you can attack and then run away?  What if you later befriended them, then attacked again?  The game saved their base when you last attacked it...should it have the old layout or the new layout?  How do you justify a vastly different base layout on the second visit?  What happens if the base has such a ridiculously huge amount of stuff, either naturally or through player trading, that there is no feasible way to make a storage room or two to hold it?

The logistics of this entire suggestion are absolutely staggering, WITHOUT even considering the unbelievable colony growth explosion from the ability to gain access to ALL the for-sale items and money of any given faction base.

This subject can be very very big investigation for new map generating for any bases also syncronize with traderkinds.

I believe this is technically possible

And let's say if i attack the base and run away, the base should have changing by time passing.
For example i attack a base and run away without defeating. the base should changing and repairing or building new stuffs around it day by day and it can calculate generation it's map when you try to attack again you can see something moved or built new. but base goods will be same as ever. i believe this can be done and it will be very logical.