[1.0,1.1] Deep Storage (functional)

Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simstu

You mean the 1.0.0.14 one? I can try that for sure.
I just thought that (when its 1.0 and 1.1 compatability) I can use the latest one.
EDIT: Tried both (latest 1.0 and latest 1.1) nothing worked.

LWM

Shoot.  I have no idea what's going on.  Neither the Steam nor the non-Steam version works for you? I know the Steam version had problems for a while, but I don't think it would affect that setting.  If you wanted to try your hand at building the mod, it might be possible to port in the new settings, which I think are working? You could also try the 1.0 debug version (from the debug release: https://github.com/lilwhitemouse/RimWorld-LWM.DeepStorage/releases/download/v1.1.0.11-debug/LWM-DeepStorage-Debug.1.0.0.13.zip )  might give some idea why it's not working.

I'm sorry, it's not super helpful.

Canute

Simstu,
maybe you should try to delete the config file.
At the option you got buttons for the saved data/logfile which should lead you to the Config folder.
Inside Config you should find DeepStorageMod.xml or .....DeepStorageMod.xml, just delete it.
Now try to modify the mod setting ingame and check if that file got newly created.

It could be a problem at your filesystem, that rimworld can't overwrite/modify the config file.

Simstu

Quote from: Canute on July 18, 2020, 03:39:06 PM
Simstu,
maybe you should try to delete the config file.
At the option you got buttons for the saved data/logfile which should lead you to the Config folder.
Inside Config you should find DeepStorageMod.xml or .....DeepStorageMod.xml, just delete it.
Now try to modify the mod setting ingame and check if that file got newly created.

It could be a problem at your filesystem, that rimworld can't overwrite/modify the config file.
ยจ
This did the trick! Thanks for amazing mod (and quick help), mister! Can't imagine Rim without it. *tips hat*

Vendrazi

I'm having trouble installing this. I installed Deep Storage and got "Failed to find Verse.ThingCategoryDef named ApparelUtility. There are 59 defs of this type loaded."

Currently installed:
Hugs
Harmony
Hardworking Animals
Pharmacist
Pick Up and Haul
Deep Ore Identifier
Hospitality

Pointers?

Sarge

LWM's Deep Storage has a bug where pawns go into infinite loops of adding removing items from this mod's storage containers and stockpiles. The internet and Steam is full of reports of it for some time.

I thought it would be simple to grab an alternative mod but they all seem to be dependant on having this mod as well  :-\

Having to have massive areas to store stuff on the floor... this mod makes a massive difference for me and seemingly many others. Is there a functional alternative?

Canute

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=294100&searchtext=storage&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems&requiredtags%5B%5D=1.3&created_date_range_filter_start=0&created_date_range_filter_end=0&updated_date_range_filter_start=0&updated_date_range_filter_end=0

Extended Storage is basicly like Deep Storage, but i can't say what mile you for his assemblies.
Infinity storage is the ultimate storage system, just the power use limit the weight you can put into.
Quantum storage, another cool storage system don't work with 1.3 anymore.

Sarge

Cheers Canute, appreciate it as always.

Extended Storage - People are reporting the same infinite loop problem
Infinite Storage - Kills immersion for me in the same way as increasing stack and storage container capacities to ridiculous sizes. AT least this one charges you for it, but still, storing things in a powered black hole doesn't do it for me.

I used that same search in Steam, as you can imagine as well as trying on here and of course Google and Reddit and while I know I'm not particularly good at finding stuff, well, I couldn't find anything which eventually lead me to asking here.

So, right back to square 1. Any other suggestions?

Canute

Sorry no, not at moment. Since skully created Extended Storage at the past, and later Deep storage it allways was my prefered storage system, even with some minor problems.
LVM isn't active anymore beside updating his mods, so i wouldn't await anything from this side.

I browse abit through the workstop
[SS] Mass Storage (Continued): looks interesting, but could be a deep hole at the ground like Infinity storage.
Mechanical Defense 2 - Deep Storage (Continued), is similar but limited to one resource for a box.
I didn't test/used them lately, but at the past they got the problem that the stored stuff wouldn't be able for trading.

Sarge

I think I got it (LWM's Deep Storage) working/found a way around the problem, let me rather say it's working consistently in my current settlement.

It appears there's some issue LWM's<->Combat Extended.

When I find a pawn stuck in the infinite loop of adding and removing an item into one of the LWM's storage units it appears it is by a pawn with a new/uncompleted CE loadout gearing.

So what I do is, whenever I assign the first loadouts, whenever I change a pawn's loadout or whenever I find a pawn stuck in the loop I click the Rearm button for that pawn and babysit them through equipping themselves. The might want to do other tasks in between equipping so keep clicking until they are completely done and then they never get stuck in the loop again:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/ootezm/storage_mods_for_13/